Cooler suggestions for i3 8100

Sagor

Hi everyone, currently i am using Antec h600 pro aio cooler.I brought this 2nd hand.I am not sure whether aio is faulty or i didn't setup it perfectly.
On idel my cpu temps around 43-47 during gaming (the crew 2) it's 67-75 or more.Which is only 50-60% cpu usages. And the temperature is close to intel stock cooler.
I live in Bangladesh & it's hot outside 32-36° (humidity is more).I don't know my room temperature?.
If it's a faulty then please suggest me a cooler below 50$.
Spec:
I3 8100
Asrock B365m phantom gaming 4
SAPPHIRE Pulse Radeon RX 570 4gb
Antec DP501

Note:I plug the radiator fans infront of the case,below one.And two other fans are exhaust fan 1 comes with this case & the other comes with the Antec DA601.
I did't tight the pump screw too much, it's already feel too tight. Should i lose it a little bit?
The radiator i attach upside down because of the pipe.Also many of the radiator fins are mashed from both side, but there is a gap.

photostudio_1565155358788.jpg

photostudio_1565155566299.jpg

photostudio_1565155546546.jpg

photostudio_1565155500384.jpg

photostudio_1565155442215.jpg

Try running some Cinebench R20 test for around 15 minutes and check the temps. If they are above 90 degreese something is wrong.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd say the pump is probably not running at full speed, which can cause higher temps. Idle is way too high regardless. Are you also sure it's mounted properly? No movement possible on the screws holding on the water block (with normal force)?

Worst case scenario, something is broken and you'll need to look for a new cooler. Any tower air cooler will do with a measly i3 65w part. They don't need a ton of cooling.

An Arctic Freezer 33 or even the old but gold Hyper 212 would do.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

65-75c under load isn't really anything to be concerned about. You could try increasing the pump speed and/or fan speeds, but I wouldn't worry about it unless it's going over 80c or so under load.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

2 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Try running some Cinebench R20 test for around 15 minutes and check the temps. If they are above 90 degreese something is wrong.

Here is the 15min.Last ss was 2nd test (5min) after 30 min game session.

Today is windy outside,,,so i closed my windows as well as turn off my ceiling fan to create the normal day environment.It's not help that much coz i when window was open& fan was on...temperature was same!!!?

Untitled.thumb.png.e671ddaf58b99d71279b4576167a7d82.png

asf.png

safg.png

2nd test.png

2 minutes ago, Sagor said:

Here is the 15min.Last ss was 2nd test (5min) after 30 min game session.

Today is windy outside,,,so i closed my windows as well as turn off my ceiling fan to create the normal day environment.It's not help that much coz i when window was open& fan was on...temperature was same!!!?

Ok. That's fine. I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't overheat for some reason. The temps you are getting is ok. As long as the tempereatures doesn't go over 90 degrees I would say nothing is wrong :) 

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

I'd say the pump is probably not running at full speed, which can cause higher temps. Idle is way too high regardless. Are you also sure it's mounted properly? No movement possible on the screws holding on the water block (with normal force)?

Worst case scenario, something is broken and you'll need to look for a new cooler. Any tower air cooler will do with a measly i3 65w part. They don't need a ton of cooling.

An Arctic Freezer 33 or even the old but gold Hyper 212 would do.

How can i increase my pump speed?I set everything Performance on bios.
I am not sure i mounted the pump properly or not...that's why i posted the screw image.It's feel too tight for me.Screw is still wobble a little bit because of the long length.But pump is tight.

1 minute ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Ok. That's fine. I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't overheat for some reason. The temps you are getting is ok. As long as the tempereatures doesn't go over 90 degrees I would say nothing is wrong :) 

Actually i tight the screw last night & didn't check after that.it's improve my temperature.

But how can i improve my idle temp?I want it to be below 40 ° .Because it's feel too hot to use my pc comfortably on idle nevertheless during game session.

I would say you are seeing somewhat normal temps. Your room temp is 10C more than here on northern hemisphere where normal room temps are 20-25C. If you take 5-10C off you current temps, you get same results as what you would get in here.

You aren't going to get much lower temps with air cooler. If any. Your temps are fine overall.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

27 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

I would say you are seeing somewhat normal temps. Your room temp is 10C more than here on northern hemisphere where normal room temps are 20-25C. If you take 5-10C off you current temps, you get same results as what you would get in here.

You aren't going to get much lower temps with air cooler. If any. Your temps are fine overall.

I got it. But it's too uncomfortable to use my pc. Btw i have two question regarding my test.

1.Despite i close my window & turn off my ceiling fan didn't change the cpu temperature that much?

2.While on gaming cpu usages between 50-70% & cinebench 100% load, then why gaming time cpu temps higher then cinebench test?

3.Why this aio only reduce my temp only 10-15 °  compare to stock cooler?

15 minutes ago, Sagor said:

I got it. But it's too uncomfortable to use my pc. Btw i have two question regarding my test.

How come? You are safe up to 85C and only over 90C is considered dangerous.

1.Despite i close my window & turn off my ceiling fan didn't change the cpu temperature that much?

Well, how much air temps around your PC intakes changed? Ceiling fan isn't really cooling anything. Its shuffling air around and creating feeling of wind blowing. Opening window will bring cooler air in (if outside is cooler), but you would need to position desk fan next to window to actually move air from outside to inside. So room temps probably didn't go down, and temps around your PC intake fans remained about same.

2.While on gaming cpu usages between 50-70% & cinebench 100% load, then why gaming time cpu temps higher then cinebench test?

Thats most likely bit of combination. Cinebench isn't that hard test in terms of temps. Its benchmark and not really stress test. Plus it only uses either CPU or GPU, not both at the same time. Gaming uses both, and when both of them heat up under load, that makes overall temps inside the case hotter. Which means that air going to waterblock is heated partially by GPU.

3.Why this aio only reduce my temp only 10-15 °  compare to stock cooler?

Only? Thats hefty drop in temps. Difference between top AIO/air cooler and budget cooler is about 10C. As you can see from this Tweaktown example chart:

Spoiler

9057_28_noctua-nh-u12a-3-cpu-cooler-revi

Difference between Arctic Freezer 33 eSports (budget) and Noctua D15 (premium) in their testing is 7C. 10-15C is really big drop.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just put that radiator in front panel as an intake and you wont heat up your cpu with gpu.

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Only? Thats hefty drop in temps. Difference between top AIO/air cooler and budget cooler is about 10C. As you can see from this Tweaktown example chart:

Reveal hidden contents

9057_28_noctua-nh-u12a-3-cpu-cooler-revi

Difference between Arctic Freezer 33 eSports (budget) and Noctua D15 (premium) in their testing is 7C. 10-15C is really big drop.

That depends a lot on what cpu you run. If I remember correctly Tweaktown tests with a 4770K with low voltage(1.15V or something like that) so you cant see differences with high-end and middle class coolers.

20 minutes ago, thinwalrus said:

That depends a lot on what cpu you run. If I remember correctly Tweaktown tests with a 4770K with low voltage(1.15V or something like that) so you cant see differences with high-end and middle class coolers.

That was just example (and I put stock clocks/volts image for that reason there) to show that 10C drop is quite significant compared to differences between high end and low end coolers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 11:14 PM, LogicalDrm said:

How come? You are safe up to 85C and only over 90C is considered dangerous.

I don't mean i am worried about my cpu.

It's me to use it comfortably because of it's feel hot to my body.

Sorry for too late response.

On 8/8/2019 at 1:58 AM, thinwalrus said:

Just put that radiator in front panel as an intake and you wont heat up your cpu with gpu.

Pipe is short i can't mount it in front of this case.

Thanx for the suggestion though.

2 hours ago, Sagor said:

I don't mean i am worried about my cpu.

It's me to use it comfortably because of it's feel hot to my body.

Sorry for too late response.

I'm still confused. Are you constantly touching case from areas CPU or GPU is located? Those surfaces can be something like 35-40C. Your body temp is 35-37C. Anything higher than that feels hot to touch.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

I'm still confused. Are you constantly touching case from areas CPU or GPU is located? Those surfaces can be something like 35-40C. Your body temp is 35-37C. Anything higher than that feels hot to touch.

No, the humidity i feel by seating in front of it.