Lenovo IdeaPad L340 (17", Intel) responsrate

3 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Of the screen? Probably 20-40ms like 99% of laptops.

is that normal for a laptop? Or is it only gaming laptops who has about 8ms. responstime

My Dell Studio 1745 has 8ms

Is responsrate and respons time insn't the same?

1 minute ago, SirBond said:

is that normal for a laptop? Or is it only gaming laptops who has about 8ms. responstime

My Dell Studio 1745 has 8ms

Is responsrate and respons time insn't the same?

Most laptops have slower panels - faster panels are only present on high refresh rate gaming laptops and only became a thing more recently. Before that, you'd be hard pressed to find a faster panel. And that's a bit subjective as well - since each manufacturer defines response time differently. So even if Dell or HP claim 10ms, an actual test may put that at 30ms grey to grey with the 10ms only appearing when going white-to-black.

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Most laptops have slower panels - faster panels are only present on high refresh rate gaming laptops and only became a thing more recently. Before that, you'd be hard pressed to find a faster panel. And that's a bit subjective as well - since each manufacturer defines response time differently. So even if Dell or HP claim 10ms, an actual test may put that at 30ms grey to grey with the 10ms only appearing when going white-to-black.

okay. so a between 20-40ms is normal with a laptop just to suff on net and watching netflix playing flashgames at the web.?

Is it with benchmark I can test what my .ms is or is it another program? will be fun just try and see :)

And thank you very much for a very good explanation  

23 minutes ago, SirBond said:

okay. so a between 20-40ms is normal with a laptop just to suff on net and watching netflix playing flashgames at the web.?

Is it with benchmark I can test what my .ms is or is it another program? will be fun just try and see :)

And thank you very much for a very good explanation  

Yes - it's fine. It's fine for gaming as well - it's a metric you can pretty much ignore.

7 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Yes - it's fine. It's fine for gaming as well - it's a metric you can pretty much ignore.

okay I will do that
thanks again