What camera should I buy?

This is my first time buying a camera and I want to use it for family photos and just some nice shots when I find an opportunity. My budget is 500dollars. I was thinking of buying a canon eos 200d or rebel sl2 (same camera) but that was launched in 2017. Is there a new better camera with improved features for the same price? 

Sony a6000 should be in the budget?

But that Canon seems like a great choice for a starter camera.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

It depends also what your objectives are. canon Cameras in my opinion are more manual cameras, without too much functions (eye focus for example) and will allow you really to learn focusing etc.... Also you will find a lot second hands lenses etc. Sony on the other side have a lot of supporting functions that help a lot. Generally speaking native lenses are a bit more expensive for sony. I have a Canon 5D IV and a Sony A7 III that i use for portraits, my comments are based on these 2 cameras.

Have you considered Fuji also? They have excellent camera with JPG ooc very good

12 minutes ago, aspnet said:

It depends also what your objectives are. canon Cameras in my opinion are more manual cameras, without too much functions (eye focus for example) and will allow you really to learn focusing etc.... Also you will find a lot second hands lenses etc. Sony on the other side have a lot of supporting functions that help a lot. Generally speaking native lenses are a bit more expensive for sony. I have a Canon 5D IV and a Sony A7 III that i use for portraits, my comments are based on these 2 cameras.

Have you considered Fuji also? They have excellent camera with JPG ooc very good

Idk what cameras fuji makes also the canon camera is full of features like time lapses, 2 pixel auto focus and so on...

25 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Sony a6000 should be in the budget?

But that Canon seems like a great choice for a starter camera.

Sony is in budget but i think the canon is better.

7 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

Sony is in budget but i think the canon is better.

Sony is much better as an automatic camera, much better autofocus etc, but the Canon is cool if you want to tinker around with it and shoot manual instead of auto.

But the a6000 is lacking timelapse for some reason...

Fujifilm has X-T100, which is also a good beginner choice.

19 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Sony is much better as an automatic camera, much better autofocus etc, but the Canon is cool if you want to tinker around with it and shoot manual instead of auto.

But the a6000 is lacking timelapse for some reason...

Fujifilm has X-T100, which is also a good beginner choice.

Where i live the canon eos 200d is 450 dollars the sony a600 is 480 dollars and the fujifilm camera is 570 dollars so not in budget.

16 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

Where i live the canon eos 200d is 450 dollars the sony a600 is 480 dollars and the fujifilm camera is 570 dollars so not in budget.

Then go either the A6000 or the EOS 200D, they are both good cameras.

I was looking for a low budget camera recently as well. I don't know about the 200D but there are a lot of A6000 available second hand if you are willing to go that route. I picked up an A6000 with the 20mm 2.8f pancake lens for about $250. 

I thought that I'd try it for a while, and if I don't like it I can eventually sell it on. 

I do like some of the more expensive Sony mirrorless cameras (A6400 and the A7s) so I figured this would give me a nice upgrade route (they all have the same lens mount).