Bad connection even after upgrades? HELP

Hello Everybody.

I Recently upgraded my network card, and got at new router installed professionally. (it was 10 years old)

But in the past few days I have been experiencing a very unstable network connection on my desktop. Up until last week I had no problems and I got my 100/100 connection through wifi.

However, last week something happened, and all of a sudden my internet is very unstable and it keeps dropping in speed, sometimes it even disconnects me. 

This problem only occurs to me and on my main PC. I have checked for the recent drivers, I even wiped my drive and reinstalled windows, and i simply just cannot figure out what is causing this problem.

If anyone has experienced something like this, or just know a fix. Please let me know.

Best regards Magnus Dahl from Denmark.

change wifi channel on router

but remember that is not the same as wifi disconnecting than loosing internet access, you have to be sure what is the problem

wifi could be ok but internet could be having issues, be sure to know what is failing first

3 hours ago, Magnus Dahl said:

last week something happened

This is what you have to discover. WiFi can work great for years, but a variable changes and your FUCKED. My guess is maybe someone added a Wireless router on the same channel as yours or something to that effect. Either way your probably getting some type of interference.  If your WiFi is actually disconnecting. 

Now as @goto10 suggested, you need to figure out. Is the WiFi actually dropping or is it your internet? Those are two separate things. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

11 hours ago, Donut417 said:

This is what you have to discover. WiFi can work great for years, but a variable changes and your FUCKED. My guess is maybe someone added a Wireless router on the same channel as yours or something to that effect. Either way your probably getting some type of interference.  If your WiFi is actually disconnecting. 

Now as @goto10 suggested, you need to figure out. Is the WiFi actually dropping or is it your internet? Those are two separate things. 

14 hours ago, goto10 said:

change wifi channel on router

but remember that is not the same as wifi disconnecting than loosing internet access, you have to be sure what is the problem

wifi could be ok but internet could be having issues, be sure to know what is failing first

Sometimes it will not let me connect to the network, and when i finally do get connection it says "no acces" because of some proxy settings (showed in picture).

I can try chaning the channel on my router but do you really think that is the problem when i dont experience any problems what so ever on any of my other devices.

Thank you.

internet.PNG

Also it wont let me connect to the 5ghz only the 2.4ghz network, whats up with that? could it be my drivers? 

1 hour ago, Magnus Dahl said:

Also it wont let me connect to the 5ghz only the 2.4ghz network, whats up with that? could it be my drivers? 

with such problems happen, no, the problem first to focus into is the router

for the 5ghz to work the card must be ac capable, which router and wifi card are you using?

since i dont know the details of your internet connection i dont know what settings you have to put in the router, so you must configure that part with the help of the router manual and your isp

4 hours ago, goto10 said:

for the 5ghz to work the card must be ac capable, which router and wifi card are you using?

since i dont know the details of your internet connection i dont know what settings you have to put in the router, so you must configure that part with the help of the router manual and your isp

Not necessarily AC, just dual-band, ideally AC though.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

5 hours ago, goto10 said:

Wireless A and N run on 5Ghz. I thin N tops out at 450Mbps or at least that is what it’s rated to. I used to run an N900 wireless card that’s how I know. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

38 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Wireless A and N run on 5Ghz. I thin N tops out at 450Mbps or at least that is what it’s rated to. I used to run an N900 wireless card that’s how I know. 

well, those are old cards, i was talking about new hardware, that i understood you bought, but you are right

at what channel are you using the 5ghz signal?  try 112

8 hours ago, goto10 said:

I recently bought a new (asus pce-ac51 ac750) and it has been working great up until last week. but now I can barely do anything with the wifi.

However if I connect a lan-cable to the router no problem 100/100 connection.

I can't log into my router either maybe there is something wrong with that (the router)?

I just figured out I can't do that on any of my other devices like I normally would. Maybe I should just call the company who I bought the new router from? And ask them if this a common problem and if they know what is wrong?

3 hours ago, Magnus Dahl said:

I recently bought a new (asus pce-ac51 ac750) and it has been working great up until last week. but now I can barely do anything with the wifi.

However if I connect a lan-cable to the router no problem 100/100 connection.

I can't log into my router either maybe there is something wrong with that (the router)?

I just figured out I can't do that on any of my other devices like I normally would. Maybe I should just call the company who I bought the new router from? And ask them if this a common problem and if they know what is wrong?

if you cant log in by using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or even 192.168.100.1, yes, return it, it is not working properly i think