Upgrading default case fans.

SgtKenzo

Hey guys, I got a new pc a couple of months ago and was thinking of upgrading the default case fans.

Does anyone know of these fans are any good?
Fan Speed F12: 1350 RPM
Air Flow F12: 74 CFM / 125.1 m3/h
Bearing: Fluid Dynamic Bearing
Noise Level F12: 0.3 Sone
Net Weight F12: 107 g
Limited Warranty: 6 years

E7771337-7263-4613-BC08-253AC2580C6D.jpeg

| CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM - Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 CL 16 3200MHz RGB RAM | GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB | Motherboard - MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk |

| PSU - Gigabyte Aorus AP850GM | Case - NZXT H510 Flow | YouTube - SgtKenzo |

their thermal paste is good idk about their fans. but the best fans imo are noctua fans

According to @Schnoz

They are great

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Arctic F12 are really good for their price, but i would try to get Arctic F12 PWM.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 hours ago, Schnoz said:

Arctic fans are basically budget Noctuas. For static-pressure related things, I'd choose the P12 PWM PST 5-pack ($27) on Amazon. Dirt cheap for their price and their performance, blow a fuckton of air for their noise level, and come with a 10 year warranty. Remember, warranties are usually made profitable based on tested MTBF rates, so these fans might last longer than the usable life of your rig.

I think that Arctic Cooling doesn't cover for return shipping and handling fees and is relying on customers not bothering with RMA instead of the 10 year warranty being representative of the longevity -- someone please correct me if I'm wrong. https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/returns/

The F12's are alright and are generally a decent buy due to low prices.

What case are you using and why are you looking to replace the fans? Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I think that Arctic Cooling doesn't cover for return shipping and handling fees and is relying on customers not bothering with RMA instead of the 10 year warranty being representative of the longevity -- someone please correct me if I'm wrong. https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/returns/

The F12's are alright and are generally a decent buy due to low prices.

What case are you using and why are you looking to replace the fans? Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Using an In-Win 101 case. Based in UK and replacing the default case fans because I got my pc from CyberPower and think the extra fans they put in aren't great...

| CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM - Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 CL 16 3200MHz RGB RAM | GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB | Motherboard - MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk |

1 minute ago, SgtKenzo said:

Using an In-Win 101 case. Based in UK and replacing the default case fans because I got my pc from CyberPower and think the extra fans they put in aren't great...

Do you know what fans are currently in the system? 

What's unsatisfactory about the current fans? Are they too noisy or temps too high?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Do you know what fans are currently in the system? 

What's unsatisfactory about the current fans? Are they too noisy or temps too high?

Just doesn't seem like a lot of air is moving about, cus my CPU is sitting at like around 35 degrees at idle.

3C8219DB-5C15-4D27-AA10-6D891A0CEEA8.jpeg

Just now, SgtKenzo said:

Just doesn't seem like a lot of air is moving about, cus my CPU is sitting at like around 35 degrees at idle.

35c at idle seems normal. What are your load and ambient temps?

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

35c at idle seems normal. What are your load and ambient temps?

Ambient temperature is about 18 to 22 degrees C altho I don't have a thermometer to tell you exactly XD

But I can tell you that under a full load rendering video we are hitting around the 70 degrees mark.

Just now, SgtKenzo said:

Ambient temperature is about 18 to 22 degrees C altho I don't have a thermometer to tell you exactly XD

But I can tell you that under a full load rendering video we are hitting around the 70 degrees mark.

Idle temps are generally limited to at least 10c above ambient so it wouldn't be easy to lower idle temps.

What cpu?

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Idle temps are generally limited to at least 10c above ambient so it wouldn't be easy to lower idle temps.

What cpu?

Ryzen 7 2700X with the AMD Wraith Prism RGB Cooler

Just now, SgtKenzo said:

Ryzen 7 2700X with the AMD Wraith Prism RGB Cooler

Your temps are perfectly fine. There's no need to get new fans unless you want less noise. 

If that's the case, I'd recommend trying to lower fan speeds first since you still have thermal headroom. 

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Your temps are perfectly fine. There's no need to get new fans unless you want less noise. 

If that's the case, I'd recommend trying to lower fan speeds first since you still have thermal headroom. 

Ah ok, But will keep an eye out :)

thank you all for your time :)