Elder Scrolls Online Pricing?

I am curious to hear people's thoughts on the Elder Scrolls online pricing model.
The pricing is as such: $60 for the game, $100 for the Imperial edition that gives you all the content, such as the ability to play as an imperial, and then $15 a month to actually play the game(first month is free with purchase).
To me this price is a tad bit ridiculous it totals to $225 just to play the game for a year, and $265 for the first year to play as an imperial.

I understand a subscription model worked well for WoW, But I feel that a lot of variables have changed, such as:

1.  When WoW came out there was no other MMO to compete with it and steal your membership
2. WoW existed before a lot of successful F2P and one time purchase games online games existed.
3. It's freaking WoW there will never be a game as addictive as WoW.

But at $15 a month ESO is not only more expensive then WoW, but  more expensive then Netflix and XBL combined as well.

I personally feel a more reasonable pricing of P2P would be to either charge the same amount for the game, and than two options of a $9.99 monthly subscription or a $59.99 annual subscription, with more like 3 months included free.

Or to continue charging $15 a month, but giving everyone the digital imperial edition of the game for free.

any way I would love to hear other people's thoughts on the pricing, are you willing to pay said price? did it make you cancel your preorder? or were you expecting it be even more?
all views and opinions are welcome.

If they drop the price to 15dollars or 10ish euros a month ( without the 60 to buy it in the beginning) ill get it, otherwise 60e + 15 per month is way too much

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

If anything I would buy the version of Uplay as you get ACIV for free when you preorder the deluxe edition :/

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

It will be just right if they provider customer service and gameplay that is worth $15 a month - you know, updated bi-weekly with new content.

Otherwise, it's very expensive (think - SWTOR launch).

I don't mind paying - I never have, but I will leave a game if they don't push content.

Pew Pew Helicopters

So you pay $60 for the first month?

Much wow.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

60 dollars is normal for a game, so there is no big shocker there. Same goes with the subscription 15 dollars seems normal to me. 

I would be glad to pay for the game, but I want to make sure there is a strong community behind it first.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I hate subscriptions so much, might make me not get the game

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I am curious to hear people's thoughts on the Elder Scrolls online pricing model.

The pricing is as such: $60 for the game, $100 for the Imperial edition that gives you all the content, such as the ability to play as an imperial, and then $15 a month to actually play the game(first month is free with purchase).

To me this price is a tad bit ridiculous it totals to $225 just to play the game for a year, and $265 for the first year to play as an imperial.

I understand a subscription model worked well for WoW, But I feel that a lot of variables have changed, such as:

1.  When WoW came out there was no other MMO to compete with it and steal your membership

2. WoW existed before a lot of successful F2P and one time purchase games online games existed.

3. It's freaking WoW there will never be a game as addictive as WoW.

But at $15 a month ESO is not only more expensive then WoW, but  more expensive then Netflix and XBL combined as well.

I personally feel a more reasonable pricing of P2P would be to either charge the same amount for the game, and than two options of a $9.99 monthly subscription or a $59.99 annual subscription, with more like 3 months included free.

Or to continue charging $15 a month, but giving everyone the digital imperial edition of the game for free.

any way I would love to hear other people's thoughts on the pricing, are you willing to pay said price? did it make you cancel your preorder? or were you expecting it be even more?

all views and opinions are welcome.

Honestly, the only game I'll EVER pay a max of $25 a month to play is WoW.

the new trailer/cinimatic makes me want it... the price doesn't :|

if they did it like guild wars 2 with 1 time pay and play it would be nice or cheaper membership (£7pm)

Character artist in the Games industry.

I have gotten many Beta invites but due to work and being away from my PC I have not even had the chance to test it :(. In any case, I have played many subscription based games and think that this may be the one downfall to this game. I understand that it wants to charge for upkeep of various things such as servers and paying GMs etc. but $15 a month is too much. I agree with the OP that they should offer tiers of subscription fees. Just like WoW, they have $15 for 1 month and then $14 for 3 and then $13 or $12 for 6 months. 

Considering the general consensus about the quality of the game, P2P isn't a suitable payment model. A one-time $60 would have made more sense. It's already shaping up to be a game that'll go F2P within a year of release. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I hope people don't buy it if it's too expensive. Companies quickly readdress their business model if sales don't meet expectations.

I can play WoW for what there asking in price and i know it's awesome and ill love it PLUS WoW won't be dying in the near future like nearly every other MMO has (apart from EVE Online)

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I was so excited for this game until I heard about the month subscription fee. Why can't more mmos follow the way NC soft does guild wars. It's a great game without a monthly fee.

"Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey".... Yeah

-The Doctor