Hp compaq elite 8300 sata port colours

So on my hp compaq i am replacin the hdd cauz its goin bad. There are 4 different coloured sata ports. Im gonna connect  ssd to the dark blue one cauz ill be installin windows on dat. But where do i connect my other storage device. I have one light blue port and 2 white and a black.

sometimes the colored ones are for raid

so i would use the black ones, unless they are labeled in any special way on the motherboard, if all of them are labeled just sata 0 to 3 then there is no difference really, put on the first sata your hdd with the os in it and in sata 1 or 2 the next hard disk or ssd

This is an HP workstation thing, they've been doing this for YEARS. 

ignore the colors, you'll see SATA0 beside one (unless you have the SFF). Move your hard drive around and check the BIOS until you identify SATA0. Use that for the OS. the rest don't matter really. 

8 hours ago, lostboy said:

This is an HP workstation thing, they've been doing this for YEARS. 

ignore the colors, you'll see SATA0 beside one (unless you have the SFF). Move your hard drive around and check the BIOS until you identify SATA0. Use that for the OS. the rest don't matter really. 

Ok thx

Some HP workstation has a motherboard layout printed at the inside of the panel where you take out. My Z200 and Z220 workstation has the motherboard layout with simple description of the motherboard printed at the inside of the panel that I removed to gain access of the internal hardware.

Or you can just go to HP website and check their manual.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.