Quiet dialog, LOUD FIGHTSCENE

drkknghtavngr

Im so tired of having to hold my remote and change the volume of my speakers everytime theres a fight scene/concert on screen. I will not have it anymore! Im sick of it! Its time i take action!

Is there a way to make the loud sounds somehow quieter or on the same level of dialog without destroying quality that much?

Look for a midnight mode or dynamic range compression or some sort of volume normalization on your TV's settings

Can you clarify your set-up? It's might be a mono/stereo summing issue.

Your set up might be incorrectly set to 3.1 or similar where two speakers that you have are representing normally as L and R but dialog and other mono sources are being routed through the non-existant center speaker, giving you lots of perceived loudness for music, but less so for dialog and other center panned sources.

Otherwise, invest in a compressor. Or perhaps route your audio through a computer and use a software compressor. It's less sexy, involves cabling and an interface/di/etc. but will work for less money than a compressor.

Our of curiosity, what are you playing/watching that is doing this? Most games will have mixers for dialog, fx, etc. Even VLC player has a compressor, width control, etc.