My fellow Ryzen 3000 owners!

Hi guys i hope your day is going well. I'm currently using the latest bios from Asrock's engineers for the Asrock X370 taichi and its been pretty much perfect with my 3700X except a couple things. 

One issue Gamersnexus reported and that is with PBO and Auto OC limiting the max core frequency to like 4.2ghz instead of its rated speed. The second tiny issue is without PBO+Auto OC on i do not see 4.4ghz at all and i always have hwinfo64 open during gaming all the cores hit 4.375Ghz but not 4.4ghz not even once and i owned this setup for days and play games that use only one core at times. 

I even forced Dolphin emulator to only run on one core and it still only hit 4.375Ghz

I'm using the latest chipset driver as well. 

My question is how many of you guys are getting these issues? 

Edit also i have this on a 360 rad so temps aren't a issue

I’ll check mine when I get home and let ya know. I’m pretty sure my 3600 stays at 4.2 ghz for the most part 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

4.375 is normal..you ALWAYS have usage across all cores because windows uses them when it notices one core is being done sed more than the rest - the OS tries to spread the load.

must be nice i didnt think they had YET put out any updated bios's for there x370 line up

i want to go back to my fatality x370 gaming x board, but the 1.0.0.1 bios sucks crash's all the time

i broke down and bought an x570 board, witch i want to sell as soon as asrock FINALLY puts out a well working bios

on my x570 aorus pro wifi, my 3800x only gets 4491.7 ... close but not 4.5

on my x370 it got 4515.4 , but i heard everyone lost a little performance from 1.0.01 to 1.0.0.3 agesa

Single core my 3900x has hit 4.65 with pbo. 

Also keep in mind reporting stuff is all over for Ryzen 3000.

Example. Core temp and Ryzen master are the same. Till 60c in my rig. Then core temp starts to report high.  And I seen core temp 10c higher then Ryzen master.  Voltage readings are all over the place between core temp, Ryzen master, hwinfo etc.  Clock speeds for pbo show low in Ryzen master. Example it said 4.15ghz single core. Other stuff shows higher.  Cpuz single core benchmark is hitting 562. That's a bit more then what 4.15ghz can pull. Multicore I been over 9000 with a oc.  Basically I gotta look at multiple programs then pick what I feel is the most accurate. 

1 hour ago, thefatman said:

must be nice i didnt think they had YET put out any updated bios's for there x370 line up

i want to go back to my fatality x370 gaming x board, but the 1.0.0.1 bios sucks crash's all the time

i broke down and bought an x570 board, witch i want to sell as soon as asrock FINALLY puts out a well working bios

on my x570 aorus pro wifi, my 3800x only gets 4491.7 ... close but not 4.5

on my x370 it got 4515.4 , but i heard everyone lost a little performance from 1.0.01 to 1.0.0.3 agesa

Yeah for sure you could have just gave Asrock a email and they would have given you the latest AGESA beta bios. The only reason to go X570 is for PCI-E 4.0. 

1 hour ago, bignaz said:

Single core my 3900x has hit 4.65 with pbo. 

Also keep in mind reporting stuff is all over for Ryzen 3000.

Example. Core temp and Ryzen master are the same. Till 60c in my rig. Then core temp starts to report high.  And I seen core temp 10c higher then Ryzen master.  Voltage readings are all over the place between core temp, Ryzen master, hwinfo etc.  Clock speeds for pbo show low in Ryzen master. Example it said 4.15ghz single core. Other stuff shows higher.  Cpuz single core benchmark is hitting 562. That's a bit more then what 4.15ghz can pull. Multicore I been over 9000 with a oc.  Basically I gotta look at multiple programs then pick what I feel is the most accurate. 

I noticed in general that Ryzen Master isn't that great at telling me my frequency or anything really. I like to stick to the bios for everything. 

10 hours ago, SMBGUY said:

I noticed in general that Ryzen Master isn't that great at telling me my frequency or anything really. I like to stick to the bios for everything. 

Bios is not that much better. Software readings in general are not very accurate.

I uninstalled ryzen master from my computer, I don't think its that hot of a program personally. I mean ya, if you need it oc something or set your memory because for some odd reason your bios won't let you do it it is an option. Otherwise I don't see a need for it. just running the program throttles up your cpu and sends more voltage to it so its not very good for monitoring anything. It doesn't give accurate results. And  on my system I noticed that even after I closed the program my voltages were slightly higher, like some part of it was still running.

I noticed on my computer with default settings in the bios PBO lets my single core performance boost higher, but slightly lowers my multi core speeds. Where as running it without PBO I get slightly higher multi core speeds but less single core. In R15 I get like 1630 on multi core and 195-196 on the single thread test at stock. With PBO enabled multi thread is pretty much the same but my single thread goes up to like 200. And with PBO the cpu is hyper reactive to any sort of input which would make sense since you are enabling a performance mode.

If I just do a manual overclock to 4.2 I get better multi thread scores but the single thread stays about the same.

I am not completely sure what autoclock is, or if it is on in my system. I don't see any option or mention of it in my bios. MSI "lite" version. The only thing I see is "game mode" which gives it a 4.2 overclcok. I don't know if that is the same thing or not honestly. I have never been impressed with the information any board company gives you about their bios settings. And I don't know why they feel the need to change the names of stuff. I feel this should be standardized. If I made cpus I would require the board companies to use a satandard set of definitions and naming for the settings.

19 hours ago, SMBGUY said:

Yeah for sure you could have just gave Asrock a email and they would have given you the latest AGESA beta bios. The only reason to go X570 is for PCI-E 4.0. 

I SENT them an email, but they gave me crap about not having the serial number from the box( i cut it out and sent it for the mail in rebate) and told me to check with the people i bought it from, if u dont buy there top of the line, they dont give a shit

53 minutes ago, thefatman said:

I SENT them an email, but they gave me crap about not having the serial number from the box( i cut it out and sent it for the mail in rebate) and told me to check with the people i bought it from, if u dont buy there top of the line, they dont give a shit

That sucks Fatal1ty X370 is a high-end board. I would have just kept emailing them lol. 

Out of all the companies though i feel MSI did the best job with updating their bios's. Asus probably did the worst as some of their boards didn't even have basic support for zen 2. Not even sure if they do now