Best laptop as of 2014?

CRiz

Hi guys, I'm gonna be buying a laptop soon for school and just personal stuff like watching videos, browsing internet, and maybe some light gaming. I'm wondering what the best laptop is right now for around $1300. Any help will be appreciated! Thank You.

Hi guys, I'm gonna be buying a laptop soon for school and just personal stuff like watching videos, browsing internet, and maybe some light gaming. I'm wondering what the best laptop is right now for around $1300. Any help will be appreciated! Thank You.

Acer Aspire s7 392

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

That's what I was looking at aswell.

The Aspire S7 is a very nice choice, I don't know when the new wave of laptops/ultrabooks are coming out, but they might be coming out soon so you could wait a bit longer and see if anything else comes up between now and the date that you're going to buy that laptop.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I'd wait for the ASUS Transformer Book Duet TD300. That shit's crazy. An i7 ultrabook running Windows 8 Pro with 4GB of ram that turns into a Windows 8 tablet (still running the same specs), and with a click of a button turns into an Android tablet (STILL RUNNING A FUCKING i7!!!!!!), and you can just clip it back onto the keyboard and it becomes an Android laptop. But WAIT, there's MOAR. Its starting price is only $600.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd go for that to be honest. 

I'm particularly partial to the Thinkpad Yoga or the Ideapad Yoga 2 Pro. Both are excellent machines (not the best hardware, but great for power users sans gaming). 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I'm particularly partial to the Thinkpad Yoga or the Ideapad Yoga 2 Pro. Both are excellent machines (not the best hardware, but great for power users sans gaming).

Agreed, Lenovo make great machines an I believe there customer support is hood too.

I'm more interested in these notebooks coming out with SLI graphics and wondering how they've kept them cool and sustainable

Acer s7 is an extremely nice laptop, I've looked at getting one for college but thought that upgrading my PC would be more productive (: Really quite durable as well.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Asus s7 is an extremely nice laptop, I've looked at getting one for college but thought that upgrading my PC would be more productive (: Really quite durable as well.

the S7 is by Acer not ASUS

gigabyte u24 f its excellent 1300$ 120 gb ssd 750 gb hdd (in an ultrabook form factor) nvidia 750m 2gb intel core i7 4500u (1.8 Turbo of 3.0 ghz) backlit keys and its awesome! bu you could also get the u24t the one i have same specs but instead of a 1600 x 900 screen it has a 1366 x 768 touch screen but its 100 $ more.

http://www.excaliberpc.com/627970/gigabyte-u24f-cf1-14-ultrabook.html

or

http://www.excaliberpc.com/627968/gigabyte-u24t-cf1-14-touch-ultrabook.html

the S7 is by Acer not ASUS

Sorry, was on mobile and auto corrected,

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Hey,

I've been wanting to buy a laptop myself for a year now and have looked at nearly every interesting one out there. The main thing you don't specify is what type of laptop you want. Are you looking for thin and light, or heavy and fast. do you want a 13.3, 14, 15.6 or even 17 inch screen. Do you want 1080p or higher?

And you stated you wanted to do some light gaming, but how light are we talking about? Anything an intel HD4400 can handle, or do you want dedicated graphics?

Just let me know and hopefully I can help :)

Quick system specs: MotherboardAsus P5Q-PRO CPUIntel Q9550 @ 3.7 ghz GPUEVGA Geforce GTX 570 HD superclocked RAM6 gigs of ddr2-800 (ouch) DrivesSeagate 320 GB drive for windows and some apps, Seagate 1000 GB drive for games and documents OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit If you think its bad... it runs crysis 3 (almost) maxed out: youtu.be/dL3PNorbub8

Project [bBB]: This is a clickable link