dynamic dns whitout router support

coolxm

hello,

i have a server that i would like to have a Ddns but my router only supports dyndns wich dont have any free plans anymore. I would like to have the ddns from dynu cause i already have on from them.would it be possible to run everything on the server itself?

thx

coolxm

What do you think you mean by DDNS? 

Are you talking about having your network accessible to the outside world via a URL whilst being on a dynamic IP? or are you talking about updating DNS records without manual intervention?

4 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

What do you think you mean by DDNS? 

Are you talking about having your network accessible to the outside world via a URL whilst being on a Static IP? or are you talking about updating DNS records without manual intervention?

network accessible to the outside world via url

1 minute ago, coolxm said:

network accessible to the outside world via url

I've used "no-ip" successfully in the past. You don't need to configure your router, just install their software on the PC that serves the outside world and they will then hold the DNS record, their software syncs their record with your IP. It's free and it works. But that wont help you get the app installed on your router like you currently have.

One potential option if you want to DIY it is to sign up to MS azures free hosting tier. Create an app service that gets updates about your current IP from your local machine and then give people the Azure URL to connect. All the app service needs to do is redirect them from the azure address to your local machine....it's not easy, i'd say a 4 spanner job at least, but it's a fun way to learn about routing. To keep the site alive and instantly responsive sign up for a service like uptime robot, that will poll your site every 15 mins to keep it spun up in azure. (on the free tier you are on a shared server and they shut down sites when not used to save resources, so it can take 30 seconds for the site to load first time if this happens)

The best way, of course, is to have a static IP, and most ISPs will offer this for you for a very small monthly fee.

20 minutes ago, coolxm said:

I would like to have the ddns from dynu cause i already have on from them.would it be possible to run everything on the server itself?

Yes, you just install a client which updates the record on Dynu's DNS-servers. See https://www.dynu.com/DynamicDNS/IPUpdateClient

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Yes, you just install a client which updates the record on Dynu's DNS-servers. See https://www.dynu.com/DynamicDNS/IPUpdateClient

I installed and tried it with a mincraft server but it says cant connect to server, but it does work with just open port and ip adress

Just now, coolxm said:

I installed and tried it with a mincraft server but it says cant connect to server

That's an entirely different thing. You need to port-forward the Minecraft-ports from your router to your Minecraft-server -- it has nothing to do with dynamic DNS.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

That's an entirely different thing. You need to port-forward the Minecraft-ports from your router to your Minecraft-server -- it has nothing to do with dynamic DNS.

I did that and with "public ip":"port" it works but how do you do it that i just put in xxxx.Xxxx.xxxx to enter the server?

9 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I did port forward it wich works and other applications see it too but id like to just have to enter the address to enter the server