So if you address something, do you care about it?

I've been hearing people say that if you address something, that doesn't mean you care about it. I honestly think they are wrong in certain circumstances. If you address something briefly, you don't care about it or at least not much about it. If you address something for a good amount of time, then you do care about it. 

What do you guys think? Feel free to say how wrong i am or how wrong they are, or your own thoughts. 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

I’d argue that if you give enough of a fuck to address the issue in the first place, then you care to some extent. People normally use the “addressing it doesn’t mean you care” scapegoat to trash anyone and anything they don’t like by implying that they didn’t actually give enough of a fuck, but giving enough to address it is enough to care; at least to me, anyways.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

10 minutes ago, comander said:

I would need you to rephrase that a bit, perhaps with a few fewer pronouns, to be able to answer it well.
Do you mean "Complaining means you don't care about something"?

No. Don't really know how I can explain this better to you

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

I don't care what people think, if they go to the trouble to respond it is because they care, whether they acknowledge that or live in denial is up to them.  I spend a lot of time addressing things on this forum.  It is because I care,  I care about misinformation being spread (personal bug bear), I enjoy discussions on certain topics that can get quite heated. The actual topic can be a little grey for me (both in care and relevance) but if the discussion is taking a direction of absolutes or pandering to a misconception then it is the discussion I care about more than the topic.   

Long story short, people will say/believe  whatever they want to avoid taking responsibility for being wrong or to question an ideal they might have.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.