Recycling/disposing of AIO properly

So long story short, i have an AIO that it a few years old and of which the pump is struggling (it cools but like not very well anymore).

So i have since replaced it and now i need to get rid of the old AIO, any one have any idea of how to properly get rid of this thing?

Everywhere i have looked doesn't really answer this question tbh

The AIO has the cooler, rubber polymer material for the soft tubing of the AIO, the copper on the plate that goes against the CPU, and i think it is an aluminium radiator but tbh i don't really know about that bit.

Anyone really know how i should get rid of this thing properly? being all environmentally responsible and all that ya know.

Thanks in advance! 

Well I am trying to be ecological to :D

So this depends on where you live and how your countries waste handling is considered.

If you want to do it properly you will have to disassemble it yourself.

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

You don't have eco centers where you can take things like broken microwaves or tv's ? This should fall under "small electronics" and just take it there?

4 hours ago, Lipe123 said:

You don't have eco centers where you can take things like broken microwaves or tv's ? This should fall under "small electronics" and just take it there?

ah okay, is there not a problem with the coolant though?

23 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

Well I am trying to be ecological to :D

So this depends on where you live and how your countries waste handling is considered.

If you want to do it properly you will have to disassemble it yourself.

What'd you mean to do it properly? is there any difference between doing it properly and taking it to some kind of recycling center ?

28 minutes ago, Alasdair said:

ah okay, is there not a problem with the coolant though?

Pretty sure the coolant in those are non-toxic. If it was they would have massive warning labels. Even if it was toxic thats the whole point of eco centers. You can drop off old mercury thermostats there and they can take care of those, why would a little coolant be an issue.

The coolant should be environmental friendly so that can just be drained.

The rad can go to a metal recycle depot

The plastics and rubber to a rubber recycle depot

The pump and electronics recycle depot.

In the UK any local 'tip' or recycling center will have areas for each.

So if u want to take the time to disassemble the individual parts go ahead.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

22 hours ago, Alasdair said:

What'd you mean to do it properly? is there any difference between doing it properly and taking it to some kind of recycling center ?

As stated above this depends on the system, laws, and if such companies even act lawfully.

Here in the EU we have many "recyclers" shipping the stuf to Africa... there it is we'll not so recycled

Verry interesting read about this  from a German Newspaper (a proper one, no tabloid)

https://www.spiegel.de/international/tomorrow/electronic-waste-in-africa-recycling-methods-damage-health-and-the-environment-a-1086221.html

And I guess this happens everywhere :( 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂