Will Apple still touch my macbook pro if i change the thermal paste?

i have a 2015 13" macbook pro that i would like to change the thermal paste in as it running hotter than it used to even at idle.

my only concern is wether apple will still touch my laptop if i need them to do any work on it. it is out of warranty so i know i will not get any work done on it for free but i would like to still be able to service it for me.

thanks for any replies 

Jack  

20 minutes ago, ...... said:

i have a 2015 13" macbook pro that i would like to change the thermal paste in as it running hotter than it used to even at idle.

my only concern is wether apple will still touch my laptop if i need them to do any work on it. it is out of warranty so i know i will not get any work done on it for free but i would like to still be able to service it for me.

thanks for any replies 

Jack  

Do it yourself, paying apple an unreasonable amount of money to do something you can do yourself for the price of a tube of thermal paste isn't worth it, hell having apple service a mac product out of warranty at all isn't worth it. They have two steps when doing out of warranty repair work especially if the product is more than 2 or 3 years old. 1. Tell you it's not serviceable or will cost more than the price of the product to fix. 2. Try everything in the book to get you to buy a new one. Most of the time apple won't even service laptops that are multiple years out of warranty, in my personal opinion fix what you can yourself or get service done at a reputable third party apple service/repair center that will actually be willing to work with you. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

5 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Do it yourself, paying apple an unreasonable amount of money to do something you can do yourself for the price of a tube of thermal paste isn't worth it, hell having apple service a mac product out of warranty at all isn't worth it. They have two steps when doing out of warranty repair work especially if the product is more than 2 or 3 years old. 1. Tell you it's not serviceable or will cost more than the price of the product to fix. 2. Try everything in the book to get you to buy a new one. Most of the time apple won't even service laptops that are multiple years out of warranty, in my personal opinion fix what you can yourself or get service done at a reputable third party apple service/repair center that will actually be willing to work with you. 

i totally agree, i do all of my own servicing and repairs myself anyway but i just wanted to know if apple will fix it under any potential future recalls (unlikely there will be any).

while i am happy to do 99% of repairs myself if something like the keyboard went bad i would probably go to apple, all though they would probably just try to sell me a new laptop like you said.

thanks for the reply 

jack