I lie in bed dreaming about Linus

Racingmad

Yeah thought that title would get your attention, so i should finish it here?

I have been lying in bed awake at night dreaming about the day Linus says on a show "Graphics Card prices are now at an all time low" I've been waiting over 3 fing YEARS now to hear that, and still waiting along with millions of others.

In fact the "dream Card" i've been dreaming of the GTX 1070 Ti has now been superseded by almost 2 generations, and now in danger of gaining interest of Museums? but it, and others remain simply out of reach here in the real world where "Gamers"  Who simply do not get given these prizes just because they spout some crap on You Tube etc? I always admired the way Linus Tech tips says it like it is, and still tell the truth about cards good or bad, even though the manufacturers send them free for review? and get then upset with you but you maintain your companies integrity, with the truth.

Prices are particularly chronic here in Ireland and Europe in General (you think you got it bad in the USA and Canada? Think Again?) Even getting one delivered here by Amazon is an expensive drama for the few that have the dosh.

So my question is Linus (apart from WTF!) When! if ever Linus? do you see the price of cards coming down? with the now apparent resurgence in Bitcoin and Ethereum mining trolls around the world? AND PLEASE  HELP US LINUS!

Start a campaign or something, use your celebrity and the respect and industry clout you have earned, to make a difference to the poor and wretched great unwashed gamers like me.

(Alternatively just send me an old dirty, dusty, shop soiled, unwanted, unloved Asus GTX 1070Ti you have lying around you don't want or  a 1080 Ti ha ha)

Love the show, your poorest subscriber

Love the Tech tips

Thanks a million

Asus P8 Z77 VLX

Intel i7 3770 3.40 ivy bridge

NVidia 1060 3 GB (second hand sob) 

32 GB 1600 DDR3 799mhz

477 Kingston SSD

plus 9 SATA

Windows 7 home premium  bit

in Core P3 Modified

Hey mate I’ve been up for like 22 hours so I’m probably reading this wrong but like graphics cards are cheaper than ever you’ve just gotta know how to find the deals

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Hi Mate, Really? depends on what you call "Cheaper!? like £400 seems to be the average currently for anything over a 1060 etc?

please leave a link to any 1070 Ti's (NEW) under £300 i don't Use credit cards and have to earn every penny etc. but thanks for the reply. 

46 minutes ago, Racingmad said:

When! if ever Linus? do you see the price of cards coming down?

There are ok graphics cards for $50 on ebay. If you're tight on money maybe lower your standards? A 1060 is a perfectly respectable card, if you're not satisfied with it maybe you should have spent more money on that instead of buying 32gb of ram and a Z77 motherboard for a locked cpu. And there's nothing wrong with used hardware. Here's a 1070ti for £250.

50 minutes ago, Racingmad said:

You're hardly LTT's poorest subscriber mate.

52 minutes ago, Racingmad said:

In fact the "dream Card" i've been dreaming of the GTX 1070 Ti has now been superseded by almost 2 generations, and now in danger of gaining interest of Museums?

Oh, poor soul not being able to afford a luxury toy on launch day. The humanity!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

you have a 3770. 32gb of ram and a 1060 and claim you are poor? get real. 

also what was the sob for with the second hand thing? almost all parts in my pc are used.

really, stop begging for hardware and be happy with what you have. 

She/Her

You seemingly havent had a look on the used market while complaining the often quite reasonable prices of Europe.....

Besides, mining cards are dirt cheap.

1 hour ago, Racingmad said:

1 hour ago, Racingmad said:

Asus P8 Z77 VLX

32 GB 1600 DDR3 799mhz

477 Kingston SSD 

plus 9 SATA

Windows 7 home premium  bit

in Core P3 Modified

?

:)

2 hours ago, Racingmad said:

Literally a 7700 equivelent.......

2 hours ago, Racingmad said:

Rx 570 is like 70$ used. Mining variety. Rx 580 like 80-100$.

And whats wrong with second hand? You seem too much of a choosing begger. 

None of your specs seem like a poor PC. In fact, yours is very good......

Rx 5700 > 1070ti

$350 < $450(1070ti launch price)

Ergo price has come down for equal or better performance