[BGR]Former FCC commissioner thinks it’s time to go nuclear on ISPs

shak2300

Reclassifying companies such as AT&T, Verizon and Comcast as common carriers would make them more like public utilities and would make them subject to FCC regulations over issues such as rate setting and universal service obligations. It goes without saying that ISPs really, really, really don’t want to be reclassified as common carriers and would scream absolute bloody murder if the FCC were to even hint that it was thinking about enacting such a plan.

The time is now for the FCC to classify broadband as Title II,” Copps said. “Without this step, we are playing fast-and-loose with the most opportunity-creating technology in all of communications history. Without this step, we are guaranteeing an Internet future of toll-booths, gatekeepers, and preferential carriage. Without this step, we stifle innovation, put consumers under the thumb of special interests, and pull the props from under the kind of rich civic dialogue that only open and non-discriminatory communications can provide.”

i hope this happens!!!

Source: http://bgr.com/2014/01/27/net-neutrality-regulations-isps/

petition: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/restore-net-neutrality-directing-fcc-classify-internet-providers-common-carriers/5CWS1M4P

at this rate that petition is going to get looked at that good for you guys 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i hope something does come out of it, isp are getting ridiculous lately

Signed. I fully support this. Even Verizon was throttling YouTube and Netflix speeds before this, and I've been able to witness it firsthand.

COMIC SANS

Signed. I fully support this. Even Verizon was throttling YouTube and Netflix speeds before this, and I've been able to witness it firsthand.

hell yea. i just got fios no to long ago. almost 60 down. and netflix is NEVER above 480p

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.