Unifi Switches (1-2 sec delay on network connect)

Dujith

Noticed a weird behavior i did not have before using Unifi switches. My kodi computer would not scan for new content at its bootup.

Turns out it had no internet the first few seconds after bootup thus resulting in a fail when trying to read my NAS.

So tried this out on my computers and they behave the same way. Only my laptop does not have this issue as its connected via wifi (AC-PRO).

Unable to find what is causing this. Anyone here have an idea? 

I want to say check spanning-tree for the ports to start with and make sure they are end hosts, not sure the exact terminology unifi might use, for Cisco I know the option is called portfast. It sounds like it's taking a moment to learn before going to forwarding but if the ports are properly set to host ports then it should skip that and go directly to forwarding.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I agree with @Lurick however Unifi doesn’t expose to the user and way to set a port as Edge or PortFast or whatnot. All you can set regarding spanning tree is whether it uses RSTP, STP, or none, and the individual switch’s priority. So @Dujith, all I can say is make sure the switch is set to RTSP. See page 133 of https://dl.ubnt.com/guides/UniFi/UniFi_Controller_V5_UG.pdf

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: