Glasses for working on pc

Gawron10001

Hello

I will be going to eye test and I was thinking about getting myself a glasses for working on pc. I spend 8hr in work and some hours at home, does anybody uses something like that? Is it any effective?

Quote me so I can reply <3

I do...  I noticed a reduction in eye fatigue since I wear them. But whatever is advertized there is a change of color due to the light filter.

Hence I still need to use from time to time my regular non-filtered glasses when I need to work with meaningful colors.

It helps the eye fatigue, but at the same time reduced the color accuracy of your screen.

I prefer a sore eye than watching a yellowish monitor.

My suggestion is using a moisturizing eye drops, it helps a lot.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

There are several things you could try before investing in glasses:
Assuming you are using a quite recent version of windows, you can use night mode and manually set the desired color change (find a level you can live with). You can also experiment with your screen's brightness settings (try lower values). What also should help is to get a flicker free screen (ideally the version without any backlight PWM).

5 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

My suggestion is using a moisturizing eye drops, it helps a lot.

I was doing it and it was helping a lot, but the problem is you have to remember to take them, and have place to carry them around, not ideal solution for me :/

7 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

I prefer a sore eye than watching a yellowish monitor.

15 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Hence I still need to use from time to time my regular non-filtered glasses when I need to work with meaningful colors.

I don't work with colors so it isn't problem for me, and slightly coloured screen isn't problem for me

Your eye will sore eventually if you have a dry eye problem (which is common in long work).

In my experience having a computer glasses and still have a blurry vision at the end of the day (due to fatigue).

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

My eye doctor gave me a perscription for computer distance.  They just run a calculation based on the regular ones they give you (assuming you wear glasses normally).  it's a midrange thing.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

I work in IT as infrastructure engineer and can swear by Gunnar "gaming" glasses

I appreciate they won't work for everyone and tbh i hate the term "gaming" but they do work. I normally average 12hrs a day infront of 3x 27 inch monitors in an office setting under bad lights.

No dry eyes, no itchyness and no eye strain.

46 minutes ago, Gawron10001 said:

Hello

I will be going to eye test and I was thinking about getting myself a glasses for working on pc. I spend 8hr in work and some hours at home, does anybody uses something like that? Is it any effective?

Yes.

I use glasses that the focus starts about 18" away from my face.

Right now I am not wearing them because my full focus is not on the screen. As soon as I start a game I put them on. 

Any time that I forgot them when I worked away from home was a bad day since I ended up with eye strain and the meant not playing games.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

17 minutes ago, Video Beagle said:

My eye doctor gave me a perscription for computer distance.  They just run a calculation based on the regular ones they give you (assuming you wear glasses normally).  it's a midrange thing.

That's something that i have to ask. Interesting

6 minutes ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

I work in IT as infrastructure engineer and can swear by Gunnar "gaming" glasses

I appreciate they won't work for everyone and tbh i hate the term "gaming" but they do work. I normally average 12hrs a day infront of 3x 27 inch monitors in an office setting under bad lights.

I someday saw them and tought if they work they work. Their name is just super stupid

37 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

Assuming you are using a quite recent version of windows, you can use night mode and manually set the desired color change (find a level you can live with). You can also experiment with your screen's brightness settings (try lower values). What also should help is to get a flicker free screen (ideally the version without any backlight PWM).

I set the presets that are most comfortable for me, and i set it on the lower brightnes. Even though i still get fatigue :/ Past month actually i was searching for most comfortable preset but still got fatigued

3 minutes ago, Gawron10001 said:

That's something that i have to ask. Interesting

Yeah.. my regular glasses are for distance with some faint blurriness. But I'm at the point of needing reading glasses now, but they're not great for computers (designed for a shorter range than screen distance).  The computer ones are good, especially for long time on the screen (don't need them all the time).

A lot of what other folks are talking about are filter glasses, rather than vision correcting.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

7 minutes ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

That's the same thing i have. Without the "gaming" tho. Doctor said it's an age problem, i never had problems in my 20s.

3 minutes ago, Gawron10001 said:

I set the presets that are most comfortable for me, and i set it on the lower brightnes. Even though i still get fatigue :/ Past month actually i was searching for most comfortable preset but still got fatigued

Some theory said matching the environment lights with the screen, so your pupil won't works as hard as going from a bright screen into a dim room.

54 minutes ago, Video Beagle said:

A lot of what other folks are talking about are filter glasses, rather than vision correcting.

Mine are prescription glasses, need them all the time, but they have also the "special" filter for computer screen in addition to all the other filters.

57 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Some theory said matching the environment lights with the screen, so your pupil won't works as hard as going from a bright screen into a dim room.

Heard about that too. Now it also depends what kind of light you use.

Some people like the central strong light on the ceiling. I prefer to have 2 or 3 points of "cool" white light in the room and almost never use the ceiling light (that hurts my sight).

Spoiler

kelvin_color_temperature_of_light_source