Cooler for mini itx case

name66

Hello, what do you think would be the best cpu cooler ( air or aio) for this type of case LINK - its mini itx sharkoon qb one (already own). Maximum high of cooler is 15cm ( but then you wouldnt be albe to use top 120mm fan).  I do need mini itx coz i travel a lot. Use photo editing / gaming. ( it has place for 2x 120mm fan at top, and 1x 80mm fan at back) . I also attached picture to imagine space inside the case. Thank you for help.

67761889_1282282371937488_5531345255028228096_n.jpg

Hi,
I've personnaly a mini ITX system. It's a Silverstone SG-13 that I recently upgrade from my Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 7 3700X.

The problem of aircooling in an ITX is not so much its performance in itself but rather its location. ITXs do not really have much airflow to work with, but aircooling is dependent to it like any ambiant cooling systems.
Typically, I previously tested Noctua coolers that could go in my ITX, but my observation was clear: They all end up swam in their own hot air that they release, and suffocate in more and more with time . Processor's temperatures inexorably increase until the CPU drops its frequency or even reaches its maximum temperature and then shuts down abruptly.
The fact that the watercooling can have a radiator eccentric compared to the socket and the CPU make them benefit from a place of choice in an ITX case to dissipate heat to the outside of the case. That's why they're so good at ITX builds, and I've seen some unmistakable differences.

22 minutes ago, Neutraliz said:

Hi,
I've personnaly a mini ITX system. It's a Silverstone SG-13 that I recently upgrade from my Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 7 3700X.

The problem of aircooling in an ITX is not so much its performance in itself but rather its location. ITXs do not really have much airflow to work with, but aircooling is dependent to it like any ambiant cooling systems.
Typically, I previously tested Noctua coolers that could go in my ITX, but my observation was clear: They all end up swam in their own hot air that they release, and suffocate in more and more with time . Processor's temperatures inexorably increase until the CPU drops its frequency or even reaches its maximum temperature and then shuts down abruptly.
The fact that the watercooling can have a radiator eccentric compared to the socket and the CPU make them benefit from a place of choice in an ITX case to dissipate heat to the outside of the case. That's why they're so good at ITX builds, and I've seen some unmistakable differences.

Depends on the chip, my I5 4690K is doing just fine in the Toaster. I'd probably get the new Noctua tower I can't remember the name off, that's about as good as the D15 but 120mm. If that's too much maybe a Gamaxx 400 would be a decent budget option or a Freezer 34

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

33 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Depends on the chip, my I5 4690K is doing just fine in the Toaster. I'd probably get the new Noctua tower I can't remember the name off, that's about as good as the D15 but 120mm. If that's too much maybe a Gamaxx 400 would be a decent budget option or a Freezer 34

Yeah but we're speacking of ITX cases here, and there is no way that a U12A gonna fit inside that type of system ( maybe for him tho ). And if I can understand the choice of a ITX that can fit this type of coolers, I begin to really ask my self to why purchased an ITX case then ? It's gonna be much bigger and it's defeating that why ITX exist for me. ( Staying very compact )
And I still think that ITX is much more dependent of the case you choose, more than anything else and that watercooling is pretty much the way to go for it. Unless you prove me wrong, of course.  

Thanks for the answers, So do you think kraken M22 would be sufficient? I recently have i5 8600 non k. Which i might upgrade in future. Thx

Corsair H80iV2. Thicker. More dissipation surfaces. And so, more powerful.

What are your current temps?

In either case, you should probably grab a 80mm fan for the rear.

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

15 hours ago, Neutraliz said:

Yeah but we're speacking of ITX cases here, and there is no way that a U12A gonna fit inside that type of system ( maybe for him tho ). And if I can understand the choice of a ITX that can fit this type of coolers, I begin to really ask my self to why purchased an ITX case then ? It's gonna be much bigger and it's defeating that why ITX exist for me. ( Staying very compact )
And I still think that ITX is much more dependent of the case you choose, more than anything else and that watercooling is pretty much the way to go for it. Unless you prove me wrong, of course.  

If you look at the picture provided there is a 120mm or 92mm tower in there, that's way enough cooling for this.

Edit: because it wasn't clear from my previous post, the Toaster is an 11L build with godawful airflow

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016