Is it possible to get a quality monitor for under $300?

SolidSonicTH

Meeting these constraints.

• 144hz
  • Adaptive Sync-supported (GSync Compatible would be ideal but anything that supports that standard is fine)
  • 1080p
  • Curved (not necessary but would like it)
  • 27"

If I can avoid TN that'd be for the best but I'm not going to whinge if I can't (it looks fine head-on, it just distorts if I move to the side or something abnormal).

In an effort to help myself, how is this one (not curved but w/e)?

There is a wonderful tool called "Google" and another one called "Amazon". If you'd have spent as much time typing in those tools the specs you needed as you did here you'd have found this :

https://www.amazon.de/Samsung-C27FG73-Monitor-Reaktionszeit-schwarz/dp/B07256D6KM/

https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors/curved-chg70/LC27HG70QQUXEN/

I don't know where geographically you are, so I posted the link the closest to me.

What? A Nasty humor??  O_o   NAAAAAAAAA ! ?

Edited by Guest
typos

35 minutes ago, SolidSonicTH said:

Adaptive Sync-supported (GSync Compatible would be ideal but anything that supports that standard is fine)

Gsync is literally pointless and in many ways worse than freesync. Considering everyone supports freesync. Meanwhile only nvidia supports gsync. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/HbCD4D/viotek-gn27d-270-2560x1440-144hz-monitor-gn27d

Here you go btw.

Edit: yes its 1440p, but at 27" that is very much worth it

15 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Gsync is literally pointless and in many ways worse than freesync. Considering everyone supports freesync. Meanwhile only nvidia supports gsync. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/HbCD4D/viotek-gn27d-270-2560x1440-144hz-monitor-gn27d

Here you go btw.

Edit: yes its 1440p, but at 27" that is very much worth it

I didn't say "GSync" I said "GSync Compatible". GSync Compatible monitors are Adaptive Sync monitors that just meet Nvidia's qualification for GSync compatibility but any Adapive Sync-capable monitor can use GSync now that Nvidia has adopted the standard into their GeForce drivers, it just won't be recognized immediately as usable unless it has that "GSync Compatible" branding (you have to enable it manually).

And I already did my homework on this, Mr. Snooty up there. I came here after realizing I can't really decide for myself. I've actually been going back and forth on several choices for about two weeks at this point (missing out on some potentially good Amazon Prime Day deals in the process). It mostly comes down to display technologies and what is an acceptable compromise, since no one display technology seems to be above all else (being color vibrancy, response time, or ghosting being a key downside among the choices).

55 minutes ago, SolidSonicTH said:

• 144hz
  • Adaptive Sync-supported (GSync Compatible would be ideal but anything that supports that standard is fine)
  • 1080p
  • 27"

check the second hand market too if you are ok with used Hardware!

just looked for the specs you specified and found an "Acer Predator Z271 Curved G-Sync" near me for 300€ (and the seller stated the Price is negotiable so i'm sure 280€ is realistic)

new that Monitor would be at least 800€.

there sure are some deals to be had near you too ?

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440

2 minutes ago, SolidSonicTH said:

I didn't say "GSync" I said "GSync Compatible". GSync Compatible monitors are Adaptive Sync monitors that just meet Nvidia's qualification for GSync compatibility but any Adapive Sync-capable monitor can use GSync now that Nvidia has adopted the standard into their GeForce drivers, it just won't be recognized immediately as usable unless it has that "GSync Compatible" branding (you have to enable it manually).

And I already did my homework on this, Mr. Snooty up there. I came here after realizing I can't really decide for myself. I've actually been going back and forth on several choices for about two weeks at this point (missing out on some potentially good Amazon Prime Day deals in the process).

Gsync compatible is the same story of being a branding that doesnt mean a whole lot. 

Besides. A good viotek 1440p monitor is certainly a good buy.

And yes i didnt completely notice it was Gsync compatible you meant. Since that branding is mostly irrelevant

I don't put a lot of weight on the "GSync Compatible" designation myself. Having Adaptive Sync at all is better than not, even if Nvidia themselves can't put their personal stamp on it. But as someone with a GeForce card, two monitors that are equal in all else besides one saying "GSync Compatible" would probably push me towards it. However I'll by any AS-capable display as long as everything else about it is dandy.

315$ MSI Optix AG32C Full HD Red LED Non-Glare Super Narrow Bezel 1ms Response Full HD 1920 x 1080 165Hz Refresh Rate FreeSync Technology 32" Curved Gaming Monitor

Link : https://www.newegg.com/msi-optix-ag32c-31-5-full-hd/p/N82E16824475004?Item=9SIA6ZP6HA9365

330$ (27" 1440p) SAMSUNG S27R750Q The Space Series 27" 2K Resolution 144Hz 4ms Monitor

Link : https://www.newegg.com/samsung-s27r750q-27-qhd/p/N82E16824022759

/

3 hours ago, SolidSonicTH said:

• 144hz
  • 1080p
  • 27"

If I can avoid TN that'd be for the best but I'm not going to whinge if I can't (it looks fine head-on, it just distorts if I move to the side or something abnormal).

In an effort to help myself, how is this one (not curved but w/e)?

Depends on what u mean by quality.

if u literally mean 'quality' and not features, then no. LCD Monitors have poor quality. Just take a look at any uniformity tests, they all suck, even £/$2000 ones.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

6 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Depends on what u mean by quality.

if u literally mean 'quality' and not features, then no. LCD Monitors have poor quality. Just take a look at any uniformity tests, they all suck, even £/$2000 ones.

Well...good for gaming and reading text.

I’m not doing any color-critical applications or using it to watch movies extensively.

14 minutes ago, SolidSonicTH said:

Well...good for gaming and reading text.

I’m not doing any color-critical applications or using it to watch movies extensively.

I'd sugest taking a look here:

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/table/86

use the filters to see what comes up that matches your expectations.

Personally i'd look for the fastest 80% and 100% pixel response speed monitor you can for 'gaming' and check the full list of response times and check for the highest value, ull want it less than the frame time for the frequency ur after, (so 120hz = 8.3ms or less, 144hz is 6.9ms or less etc) . Also check input lag, that added onto maximum pixel resposne is ur total latency. However ur likely going to have to sacrifice, resolution, size and aspect ratio to get one that is 'truly' fast enough fo higher refresh rates.

This one is pritty much the only monitor i know of that actually has real pixel response times fast enough for 120hz.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s2716dgr-s2716dg

It still technically has maximum pixel response times to slow for 144hz (need 6.9mso rl ess, it has 7.8ms) dispite being a 144hz monitor, but is atleast truly fast enough for 128hz. However its picture quality is rather poor. Also i think its around the $400 mark in the US. You'd have to check.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |