Live insect trapped in monitor - Acer X34 Predator

So this is an annoying and frustrating issue but there's a small very visible red insect currently crawling around my Acer Predator X34p monitor. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove it when its still alive? The last thing I want to do is crush it and have it smeared there permanently or damage my display. 

Purchased June 2018. Two year warranty with Acer I believe.

20190723_154900.jpg

Well it might be attracted to light so I would maybe try turning off the monitor then try shining a flashlight or something near the openings where it may have gotten in

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

That and a heat source, above one of the vents, as insects are fucking stupid when it comes to going back out the way they came in.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

If you are comfortable with opening the monitor and letting the bug out then that is an option, although I know that it could void your warranty or cause permanent damage to components within your monitor if you aren't careful. I would think that the bug has entered through a heat vent on the side or back of your monitor and entered the display, manufacturers take measures to prevent defects in their manufacturing process and it is highly unlikely that the insect entered during when the monitor was manufactured. I would try contacting Acer and asking if this would be covered under the warranty for the unit. 

11 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Well it might be attracted to light so I would maybe try turning off the monitor then try shining a flashlight or something near the openings where it may have gotten in

You could try to tilt the monitor to one side and see if the insect will drop out from the inside of the monitor, if you have a very powerful flashlight and want to try shining a light to attract the insect out, be careful to not get the light on the pixel array inside of the display as that could damage them (although it's not likely to cause any harm to the monitor with a like 5 watt LED light or something of low-intensity brightness along those lines; do not use incandescent lights near the monitor as they do produce heat that could damage the monitor).

-Hope this information helps,

@Boomwebsearch

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

1 hour ago, Boomwebsearch said:

If you are comfortable with opening the monitor and letting the bug out then that is an option, although I know that it could void your warranty or cause permanent damage to components within your monitor if you aren't careful. I would think that the bug has entered through a heat vent on the side or back of your monitor and entered the display, manufacturers take measures to prevent defects in their manufacturing process and it is highly unlikely that the insect entered during when the monitor was manufactured. I would try contacting Acer and asking if this would be covered under the warranty for the unit. 

You could try to tilt the monitor to one side and see if the insect will drop out from the inside of the monitor, if you have a very powerful flashlight and want to try shining a light to attract the insect out, be careful to not get the light on the pixel array inside of the display as that could damage them (although it's not likely to cause any harm to the monitor with a like 5 watt LED light or something of low-intensity brightness along those lines; do not use incandescent lights near the monitor as they do produce heat that could damage the monitor).

-Hope this information helps,

@Boomwebsearch

Hi thanks for the suggestions. I've reached out to Acer to see if its covered under warranty (unlikely).