First PC Build Anxiety!

Crypticc

Hello everyone,
I'm in a bit of a dilemma here... So I'm 2 months away from building my first ever PC, a powerful one too. But I'm getting some sick ass anxiety. The PC has an RTX2080ti, I7 9700k, 32GB ofRAM, and where I live that's more expensive than NA (3600$ to be exact), and the warranty is a bit different too. If i break a part while building it, I'm royally screwed. But if i build it myself it's gonna be 140$ cheaper than what it would be if i select the parts and let the professionals do it, and I could buy a Samsung QVO 1TB SSD instead of a 2TB Seagate drive with that extra cash. But If i let them build it for me, the PC is not gonna have any problems because it's going to be built and tested by professionals, and anything that would happen to it is gonna be covered by the warranty since THEY'RE the one that built it not me. So I would like to know what's better... Peace of mind and virtually no risk of getting screwed over, or an extra 1TB SSD ?
P.S : I've watched NUMEROUS videos, and basically know everything there's to know about building a gaming computer. But the anxiety is not letting me do it.
Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, Crypticc said:

Hello everyone,
I'm in a bit of a dilemma here... So I'm 2 months away from building my first ever PC, a powerful one too. But I'm getting some sick ass anxiety. The PC has an RTX2080ti, I7 9700k, 32GB ofRAM, and where I live that's more expensive than NA (3600$ to be exact), and the warranty is a bit different too. If i break a part while building it, I'm royally screwed. But if i build it myself it's gonna be 140$ cheaper than what it would be if i select the parts and let the professionals do it, and I could buy a Samsung QVO 1TB SSD instead of a 2TB Seagate drive with that extra cash. But If i let them build it for me, the PC is not gonna have any problems because it's going to be built and tested by professionals, and anything that would happen to it is gonna be covered by the warranty since THEY'RE the one that built it not me. So I would like to know what's better... Peace of mind and virtually no risk of getting screwed over, or an extra 1TB SSD ?
P.S : I've watched NUMEROUS videos, and basically know everything there's to know about building a gaming computer. But the anxiety is not letting me do it.
Thanks in advance.

Build it yourself. I can guide you through it. It's very simple. Each part will have it's own warranty anyway so you're covered.

Main PC:

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KS SP 116 (124P-102E) (6.1Ghz P-Cores 4.8Ghz E-cores) MC SP 88

CPU Voltage: LLC8 1.525V (real voltage 1.425V + - Temps 85-90 P-Cores, 70-73 E-cores)

Cooled by: Supercool Direct Die 14th gen full nickel

Motherboard: Z790 ASUS Maximus Apex Encore

RAM: GSkill TridentZ 2x24GB DDR5 8600Mhz CL38 (OC from 8000Mhz CL40)

GPU: RTX MSI 4090 Suprim X with EKWB waterblock

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium and wood

Storage: 4x 2TB Sarbent Rocket Plus Gen 4.0 NVMe, 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Backup)

WiFi: BE202 WiFi 7 Tri-Band card module

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables with 2x Corsair 5V+ Load Balancer

Display: Samsung Oddysey G9 240Hz Ver. 5120x1440 with G-Sync and Freesync Premium Pro 1008 Firmware Ver, and 1x Electriq USB C 1080p 15'8 inch IPS portable display for temperature and stats, MSI 23'8 144Hz G-Sync

Fan Controllers:  6x AquaComputer Octo with 5 temperature sensors

Cooling: Three Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for GPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, red coolant

2nd Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for CPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, purple coolant

3rd Loop: 1x 240mm PE CoolStream radiator with 1x EKWB Revo D5 pump (RAM ONLY)

Total: 5x pumps and 13x radiators 50x 3000RPM Noctua Industrial fans

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V3 RGB - Green switches

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock

Piano: Yamaha P155

Phone: Oppo Find X5 Pro

Camera: Logitech Brio Pro 4K

VR: Oculus Rift S

External SSD: 256GB Overclocking OS

LaptopMSI Titan GT77HX V13RTX 4090 175W, i9 13980HX OC: P-Cores 5.8Ghz 3 cores and 5.2Ghz 5 cores and E-Cores 4.3Ghz, 192GB of RAM @5600Mhz @3600 (chipset limit),

12TB (3x4TB) of NVMe, 17'3 inch 4K 144Hz MiniLED screen, 4x 17'3 ASUS portable USB-C Monitors 240Hz, Creative Sound Blaster G6 Sound Card, Portable 16TB NVMe in TB4 enclosures (8x2TB), Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock gaming mouse, Keychron K3 gaming keyboard with blue switches low profile, Logitech Brio 4K Webcam.

Hand held: ROG Ally with XG Mobile RTX 3080 with Keychron K3 low profile keyboard (Blue Switches) and Razer Hyperspeed V3 mouse and 4TB NVMe upgrade (WDBlack SN850X), with 100W 20000Mah power bank and portable monitor ROG XG17AHP 17'3 inch 240Hz with built in battery, and 518Wh Power station for Camping.

1 minute ago, TheNaitsyrk said:

Build it yourself. I can guide you through it. It's very simple.

Thanks for the offer, i appreciate it. It's just the anxiety of the risk of breaking something.

Just now, Crypticc said:

Thanks for the offer, i appreciate it. It's just the anxiety of the risk of breaking something.

You would really have to be like 5 to break something. 

Like what EXACTLY are you afraid of?

Main PC:

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KS SP 116 (124P-102E) (6.1Ghz P-Cores 4.8Ghz E-cores) MC SP 88

CPU Voltage: LLC8 1.525V (real voltage 1.425V + - Temps 85-90 P-Cores, 70-73 E-cores)

Cooled by: Supercool Direct Die 14th gen full nickel

Motherboard: Z790 ASUS Maximus Apex Encore

RAM: GSkill TridentZ 2x24GB DDR5 8600Mhz CL38 (OC from 8000Mhz CL40)

GPU: RTX MSI 4090 Suprim X with EKWB waterblock

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium and wood

Storage: 4x 2TB Sarbent Rocket Plus Gen 4.0 NVMe, 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Backup)

WiFi: BE202 WiFi 7 Tri-Band card module

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables with 2x Corsair 5V+ Load Balancer

Display: Samsung Oddysey G9 240Hz Ver. 5120x1440 with G-Sync and Freesync Premium Pro 1008 Firmware Ver, and 1x Electriq USB C 1080p 15'8 inch IPS portable display for temperature and stats, MSI 23'8 144Hz G-Sync

Fan Controllers:  6x AquaComputer Octo with 5 temperature sensors

Cooling: Three Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for GPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, red coolant

2nd Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for CPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, purple coolant

3rd Loop: 1x 240mm PE CoolStream radiator with 1x EKWB Revo D5 pump (RAM ONLY)

Total: 5x pumps and 13x radiators 50x 3000RPM Noctua Industrial fans

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V3 RGB - Green switches

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock

Piano: Yamaha P155

Phone: Oppo Find X5 Pro

Camera: Logitech Brio Pro 4K

VR: Oculus Rift S

External SSD: 256GB Overclocking OS

LaptopMSI Titan GT77HX V13RTX 4090 175W, i9 13980HX OC: P-Cores 5.8Ghz 3 cores and 5.2Ghz 5 cores and E-Cores 4.3Ghz, 192GB of RAM @5600Mhz @3600 (chipset limit),

12TB (3x4TB) of NVMe, 17'3 inch 4K 144Hz MiniLED screen, 4x 17'3 ASUS portable USB-C Monitors 240Hz, Creative Sound Blaster G6 Sound Card, Portable 16TB NVMe in TB4 enclosures (8x2TB), Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock gaming mouse, Keychron K3 gaming keyboard with blue switches low profile, Logitech Brio 4K Webcam.

Hand held: ROG Ally with XG Mobile RTX 3080 with Keychron K3 low profile keyboard (Blue Switches) and Razer Hyperspeed V3 mouse and 4TB NVMe upgrade (WDBlack SN850X), with 100W 20000Mah power bank and portable monitor ROG XG17AHP 17'3 inch 240Hz with built in battery, and 518Wh Power station for Camping.

3 minutes ago, TheNaitsyrk said:

You would really have to be like 5 to break something. 

Like what EXACTLY are you afraid of?

Of a lot of things, but the biggest one is putting the CPU in the socket the wrong way and bending a pin. I know the CPU has indicators and its really easy you just have to align stuff and drop it in. but still

3 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

After building and taking apart computers you start to realize how little can actually go wrong. 

I hear that a lot, but since it's my first time. Anxiety is eating me up

Well... respect a few rules and everything will be fine ^o^

• Be grounded!
  • Don't eat and drink next to your build
  • Take your time.
  • and the most important one : RTFM!

?

6 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Well... respect a few rules and everything will be fine ^o^

• Be grounded!
  • Don't eat and drink next to your build
  • Take your time.
  • and the most important one : RTFM!

?

Thanks for the tips, ill be sure to follow them. Especially the last one

8 minutes ago, Crypticc said:

Thanks for the tips, ill be sure to follow them. Especially the last one

You can also find some very useful videos on Youtube with some good tips, like the "How to build a Gaming PC in 2019 - Part 1/2/3" on Paul's Hardware Youtube #

I really like that one.

Just now, Cora_Lie said:

You can also find some very useful videos on Youtube with some good tips, like the "How to build a Gaming PC in 2019 - Part 1/2/3" on Paul's Hardware Youtube #

I really like that one.

I have that saved in my favorite in youtube, will be checking it out while building.

dont over think it, and just trust yourself.   its just like legos.

im betting the only problem you might have is the front panel connectors, and the instructions for that are in the motherboard manual.

just dont forget the io shield like i always do, and itll be smooth sailing.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

6 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

dont over think it, and just trust yourself.   its just like legos.

im betting the only problem you might have is the front panel connectors, and the instructions for that are in the motherboard manual.

just dont forget the io shield like i always do, and itll be smooth sailing.

I think the motherboard i chose has a pre installed IO shield so thats a plus, just need to not accidentally drop the motherboard on the ground lol

Just now, Crypticc said:

just need to not accidentally drop the motherboard on the ground lol

ive done it.  turned out fine.

honestly the only things that will actually screw anything up, is bent pins(which can be unbent most of the time), or snapping off a capacitor or something like that, which isnt easy to do.

ive dropped motherboards, graphics cards, cpus, harddrives.  it all turned out fine.   being careful is good. being careful to the point of being scared, is a waste.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

For what its worth I hear ya, I did my first build solo back in October and dumped in more $$$ than you did. It can be a bit stressful but in reality the parts are actually fairly robust and durable, and the cpu thing I understand but in reality its actually super easy.

29 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

For what its worth I hear ya, I did my first build solo back in October and dumped in more $$$ than you did. It can be a bit stressful but in reality the parts are actually fairly robust and durable, and the cpu thing I understand but in reality its actually super easy.

Thanks a lot, definitely will be building it myself since i now know that the part aren't easy to break.

33 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

being careful is good. being careful to the point of being scared, is a waste.

Well said, man.

Consider these two points:

• You will appreciate the PC more if you've worked to build it. If you purchase a pre-built PC, you will be in possession of somebody else's work. Not your own. You won't be able to share stories of the building process. You won't feel that elation of overcoming a challenge.

• In building the PC yourself, you will also learn how to build a PC more generally, what functions the components perform through direct observation, and how they interact to comprise a working computer. This skill cannot be purchased. It is more valuable than the computer itself, and it can only be acquired through experience.

6 hours ago, ------------- said:

Consider these two points:

• You will appreciate the PC more if you've worked to build it. If you purchase a pre-built PC, you will be in possession of somebody else's work. Not your own. You won't be able to share stories of the building process. You won't feel that elation of overcoming a challenge.

• In building the PC yourself, you will also learn how to build a PC more generally, what functions the components perform through direct observation, and how they interact to comprise a working computer. This skill cannot be purchased. It is more valuable than the computer itself, and it can only be acquired through experience.

You have a very valid point, building a pc yourself is quite the experience and i wanna experience it fully. Also heard that booting a PC for the first time gives you the ultimate anxiety but when you see it post, it gives you the ultimate orgasm. Can't wait for that.

I've dropped my pc cause I tilted it too far as I was trying to plug the io connectors in or trying to tighten a screw. Then I did it 3 more times to the same pc. Nothing went wrong. Also just look at Linus, he drops things that are more expensive than your entire build and all his stuff works for the video. These things aren't made of glass they can take a reasonable beating.

On 7/23/2019 at 5:11 PM, celerystruct said:

I've dropped my pc cause I tilted it too far as I was trying to plug the io connectors in or trying to tighten a screw. Then I did it 3 more times to the same pc. Nothing went wrong. Also just look at Linus, he drops things that are more expensive than your entire build and all his stuff works for the video. These things aren't made of glass they can take a reasonable beating.

THATS RIGHT LOL, Linus drops all the expensive shit and it still works lol