making a wooden case?

Orin

Hello

I have been browsing the internet, and I fell over this image of a wooden chassie that someone had made.

My question is how he achieved the frame out of what seems like a single piece of wood.

Is it milled from a solid piece of wood, or is it a straight piece that he somehow managed to bend?

I have searched a bit around this forum and fell across this thread, that shows the use of smaller thinner pieces of wood bend.

But my question basically boils down to how the frame is made on the attached photo.

wood-case.jpg

14 minutes ago, Orin said:

Hello

I have been browsing the internet, and I fell over this image of a wooden chassie that someone had made.

My question is how he achieved the frame out of what seems like a single piece of wood.

Is it milled from a solid piece of wood, or is it a straight piece that he somehow managed to bend?

I have searched a bit around this forum and fell across this thread, that shows the use of smaller thinner pieces of wood bend.

But my question basically boils down to how the frame is made on the attached photo.

wood-case.jpg

It is carved and glued together

A box wouldn't look too bad either I mean look at the H500. Its a literal box of metal with some glass on the side yet very nice looking. You would want to router or at least sand the edges so it looks nice and you don't poke yourself either.

You can also glue together many thin sheets of wood in the form. But this method is rather for making the handrail etc. and not for making big box.