How to build an unraid gaming/bad rig with Ryzen

Hey, I want to build a nas/gaming rig with unraid using Ryzen but my question is, is how do I use the UnRaid OS if I will only have 1 GPU and that GPU will be for running windows and Ryzen does not have onboard graphics?

I would advise against a setup like this but to answer the question you'll need two. What you would do is pass-through the GPU to the Windows VM. The 2nd GPU would be used to run unRAID. The good news is the GPU for unRAID can be cheap. VGA even.

hmmmm, am i the only one then that doesn't give a GPU to unraid? I just use the webgui to set things up. AFAIK it has the exact same functions as the GUI interface of unRAID.

Just boot up unRAID in CLI mode and assign the GPU to the VM. Works fine, never gave me any trouble.

I have no signature

12 hours ago, Helly said:

hmmmm, am i the only one then that doesn't give a GPU to unraid? I just use the webgui to set things up.

Something like that would work fine until something goes wrong with the network config be it a bug or user error. When that happens you need to plug directly into it to recover the system but with no GPU for unRAID you can't do that.

If you have another computer to manage it via the web interface you should be fine.

I mess around with gpu passthrough on unraid using only one gpu.  Unraid will use your one gpu until you boot the vm then the vm takes over.  My unraid test rig is an AMD 8350 with a single GTX 780.