Friends From same ISP cant connect to server

Ryu567
Go to solution Solved by brwainer,
2 minutes ago, Ryu567 said:

oh dang so i cant figure it out on my own?

No, the issue is their specific setup. 

So i want to host a game server with friends andi have succesfully in doing so and "some" of my friends can join but some cant, and have noticed a pattern where all the people who cant join are someone who has the same isp as me
i looked around the internet and found some info. and the answer was that my isp has another ip address between the internet and their servers because they have a limited public ip

note: i paid extra to get static ip, and my router is huawei where i found in wan info that theres a gateway and ip addres, where the gateway is diferent but ip address is the same but neither of those ip allowed my friednds to connect

Are you using public or private IPs (RFC1918)? What network config have you done?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

13 minutes ago, Ryu567 said:

i looked around the internet and found some info. and the answer was that my isp has another ip address between the internet and their servers because they have a limited public ip

Sounds like Carrier Grade NAT. Where your friends could be sharing the same public IP address while you actually get a dedicated one yourself. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

my ip is 66.96.xxx.xx , and i have port forwarded the necessary port, sorry if i answered wrong , because i have no knowledge in advance networking

and from a google search i think that one is public.

edit : i have asked my friend and his ip is 103.121.xx.xx , diferent from what i have , though i dont know if that info helps

You’ll have to call your ISP and report the problem. They have to set things up so your friends who don’t have a public IP can reach your server. 

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

2 minutes ago, Ryu567 said:

No, the issue is their specific setup. 

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: