Laptop with DDR4@2800mhz support?

Go to solution Solved by Super Spartan,
2 hours ago, HadesDX said:

Hi! some time ago i bouight a 2x16gb DDR4 sodimm rams, that are actually xmp 2800mhz!, but i cant find any laptop that actually support them ? so gime a hand here :D if you know one 

Clevo Laptops support XMP RAM:

See:

EVOC High Performance Systems P750TM-R - 15.6" FHD 144Hz / QFHD 60Hz - i5-9600K / i7-9700K / i9-9900K - RTX 2060 / 2070 / 2080

EVOC High Performance Systems P775TM1 - 17.3" FHD 60Hz / FHD 144Hz / QHD 120Hz / QFHD 60Hz - i5-9600K / i7-9700K / i9-9900K - GTX 1060 / 1070 / 

EVOC High Performance Systems P870TM-R - 17.3" FHD 144Hz / QHD 120Hz / QFHD 60Hz - i5-9600K / i7-9700K / i9-9900K - RTX 2070 / 2080

Also, ordering it from HIDevolution means you will get the magical Prema BIOS for free since they are a Prema Partner. The Prema BIOS fixes the CPU throttling issues which are present with the stock Clevo BIOS and unlocks a lot of features in the BIOS. Here is the full list of the Prema BIOS benefits:

·         Restores user ability to overclock or underclock the CPU

·         Restores user control over CPU power settings (voltage, watts, amps) for optimal performance and/or thermal efficiency

·         Restores ability to control non-turbo CPU core ratio

·         Restores ability to control CPU c-states and p-states

·         Restores ability to control BCLK (northbridge) and FCLK (System Agent) frequency

·         Restores ability to enable Intel Speed Shift Technology functionality

·         Restores ability to disable Intel Software Guard Extensions (SGX) functionality which is intended for software developers who want to use that feature and causes erratic system behavior

·         Restores ability to control RSR, Watchdog Timer, ASPM, ACPI sleep and hibernation functionality

·         Restores ability to control RAM timings, clock speeds and enables the utilization of XMP profiles

·         Restores ability to control selection of Legacy, UEFI and CSM to install whatever operating system is desired

·         Restores ability to control CPU-based DEP, AES (encryption) and Virtualization

·         Restores ability to control GPU scaling, PCIe speed and power management features

·         Restores control over Thunderbolt and USB 3.1 configuration

·         Restores control over SATA port configuration and Intel LPM. Having the ability to disable drive ports allows exclusive control over what drive receives the BCD/boot sector, system and recovery partitions during Windows Setup and eliminates the need to physically remove non-OS drives when installing a new OS.

Hi! some time ago i bouight a 2x16gb DDR4 sodimm rams, that are actually xmp 2800mhz!, but i cant find any laptop that actually support them ? so gime a hand here :D if you know one 

Wait, are you buying a laptop based on RAM you own? That's stupid lmao

Just sell the RAM if you can't use it.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

yeah sell the ram, not worth it

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

there are only little laptop models that support XMP RAM

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 hours ago, HadesDX said:

See:

EVOC High Performance Systems P750TM-R - 15.6" FHD 144Hz / QFHD 60Hz - i5-9600K / i7-9700K / i9-9900K - RTX 2060 / 2070 / 2080

EVOC High Performance Systems P775TM1 - 17.3" FHD 60Hz / FHD 144Hz / QHD 120Hz / QFHD 60Hz - i5-9600K / i7-9700K / i9-9900K - GTX 1060 / 1070 / 

EVOC High Performance Systems P870TM-R - 17.3" FHD 144Hz / QHD 120Hz / QFHD 60Hz - i5-9600K / i7-9700K / i9-9900K - RTX 2070 / 2080

Also, ordering it from HIDevolution means you will get the magical Prema BIOS for free since they are a Prema Partner. The Prema BIOS fixes the CPU throttling issues which are present with the stock Clevo BIOS and unlocks a lot of features in the BIOS. Here is the full list of the Prema BIOS benefits:

·         Restores user control over CPU power settings (voltage, watts, amps) for optimal performance and/or thermal efficiency

·         Restores ability to control BCLK (northbridge) and FCLK (System Agent) frequency

·         Restores ability to disable Intel Software Guard Extensions (SGX) functionality which is intended for software developers who want to use that feature and causes erratic system behavior

·         Restores ability to control RSR, Watchdog Timer, ASPM, ACPI sleep and hibernation functionality

·         Restores ability to control RAM timings, clock speeds and enables the utilization of XMP profiles

·         Restores ability to control selection of Legacy, UEFI and CSM to install whatever operating system is desired

·         Restores ability to control CPU-based DEP, AES (encryption) and Virtualization

·         Restores ability to control GPU scaling, PCIe speed and power management features

·         Restores control over SATA port configuration and Intel LPM. Having the ability to disable drive ports allows exclusive control over what drive receives the BCD/boot sector, system and recovery partitions during Windows Setup and eliminates the need to physically remove non-OS drives when installing a new OS.

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 12:19 PM, Ultra Male said:

See:

Yup, thanks thats what i was looking for

On 7/17/2019 at 9:44 AM, kelvinhall05 said:

Wait, are you buying a laptop based on RAM you own? That's stupid lmao

Just sell the RAM if you can't use it.

1.- i bough a 2400 kit, that resulted to be 2800 .

2.- i do it because i can.

8 hours ago, HadesDX said:

1.- i bough a 2400 kit, that resulted to be 2800 .

2.- i do it because i can.

If you bought something that claimed to be something else, return it. That's on the seller, not you.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈