Saves go to the new console ?

Hey guys,

I have the original Xbox one but next i'll buy the X version of the console to play in 4k.

What i would like to know is if the saved files of all games i have will go to the new console when log in my account.

I'm right now playing watch dogs 2. When i start to play the game in my new console i'll start to play from where i stopped in my old console ?

Thanks for your attention

This might answer some of your questions:

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/how-to-transfer-your-game-data-to-a-new-console-1.3340861?mode=amp

When you are connected to Xbox Live, you can also save game data to the cloud, so you can pick up where you left off. As long as you are signed in to Xbox Live - the basic level, fee free, will do - your data will automatically update. To access it, all you have to do is sign in on the console with your Xbox Live ID.

It sounds like as long as your data is backed up to the cloud you will have no issues.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

7 minutes ago, Votivee said:

This might answer some of your questions:

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/how-to-transfer-your-game-data-to-a-new-console-1.3340861?mode=amp

It sounds like as long as your data is backed up to the cloud you will have no issues.

i have my Xbox one account but i don't pay the Xbox live cozz i don't play online games. So i need to pay the Xbox live to store my data in the cloud or just stay logged in with internet is enough ?

If you read the article, you can transfer games and saves via network connection and usb also (If you have an external drive). The network transfer will only work if you have access to both consoles at the same time however.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

If you don't have a storage device that's large enough or an xbox live account then you'll have to buy your new console and hook it up to your home network and do a network transfer.

After you've done that you can go trade your old console in.

If you're buying through a retailer they'll pay you back the amount and whatever promotion for trading in towards a console was going on at the time provided you give the receipt.

If buying through an online retailer like Amazon you can wait to receive your new console then ship the old one after the transfer is complete.

My saves seem to jump from console to console (I have 2 xbox consoles) automatically through cloud save.  But I also have Xbox Live gold which could be why.