I need money for a pc....

Hello there, thank you for clicking on my thread!

Let me introduce myself to you, i'm a less than 16 year old boy from Eastern Europe i code on a phone, sometimes also on my tablet. I don't have a pc, i've never had one but i know how it's made, is what i think from watching Linus' videos. Anyways, i'm gonna start to learn Python and i want to create a Discord bot. As i assume that you can't host a bot on Android, but that's not actually the main point of my goal. I don't really enjoy playing games on my tablet, it's kinda low-end and it runs Minecraft pretty choppy, it's not choppy always but mostly it is. I've already looked a model i want i'll leave a link to it.

https://www.rdveikals.lv/products/lv/150/184748/sort/1/filter/0.500_0_0_130980.130979.131006/IdeaPad-320-15.6-FHD-i3-6006U-8GB-120SSD-EN-W10-Grey.html

It has good specs. Back to the topic, i'm really in a desperate need of one and i don't know what to do right now. The only thing i'm really experienced am in Web development, i'm bad at JS but i can make good stuff whit HTML5 & CSS3. I am a absolute beginner in Java Script, i don't really know what to do, i'm not also a outgoing person so i wouldn't go and babysit. I'm really confused i don't know what to do... I only have 82 euros right now and i really want a pc, it sounds pretty fun. If you have anything in your mind or want to share a tip you can reply to this thread, thank you for taking your time on reading this, hehe. :3

Spoiler

I am from Latvia! :v

First of all, you might want to consider these 2 laptops

https://www.newegg.com/global/uk-en/p/N82E16834846276?Item=N82E16834846276

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16834850920?Item=N82E16834850920

Quite cheaper, and much more powerful. The most powerful one being the one with the i5 4300m.

Just a quick comparison here. (the 4300m is about 10% or so faster than the i5 4200m) . Hope the reply looks ok on a tablet/phone

image.png.8463309f1c7c6b1038a80544adb2e187.png

The shipping is free I believe (depends on location though) and the laptop including VAT costs 180 euros for the dell.

I will come with a second reply as soon as I can about "how to make money"

Edit: Can you tell me the city, or whereabouts of where you live so I'll be able to give you and estimate on delivery charges if any.

Also the vat for either laptops listed above by me is around 30 euros (I know it hurts the wallet) That's why I said 180 euros instead of the 147 listed on the website as I took the price from the checkout rather than the one listed at the product.

Also I am very understanding of your situation as I am 15 too (I mean I hope you are because it does make the tips I am going to share relevant to you) and I can understand your struggles. I am not exactly in your situation as I do have a good build (thanks to my parents) but I was in that kind of desperate situation and I will try my best to help you in the replies below.

Firstly, just to take it out of the way, the used market is your friend as you can see because it is 50% cheaper than the lenovo you listed but also around 40% more power despite shipping costs.
Also I wish myself that I could get into coding too but I didn't have that much time after school, I have just a bit experience in Android Studio (developing basic apps by coding only) and that's about it. I hope that this summer I learn at least one coding language. 

Update- Shipping is around 40 euros in Latvia (chose a random city)(it hurts, I know) but my statement above is still valid, you get better value if you buy used.

Anyway I need the whereabouts, like city perhaps to make sure I can give relevant advice. 

I will attempt my best to help out.

Also not so sure about how real you are, so I don't know whether to trust you considering that you made your account 5hrs ago.

If you happen to reply to this I don't know whether Ill receive the notification or not so I'd recommend sending me a message. You can go to my profile and click this button to do so. Screenshot_20190715_024217_com.android.chrome.png.66758b06f7c41ed78892cad43044321c.png

Thank you for taking your precious time and replying to me. I checked the links you've posted and yes they are better but. I'm not sure, they're used as i mean someone has used them and i don't know how long they've been used and how. I mean i prefer new stuff, tho i've never bought used. I've been buying new phone parts e.tc for years and i had no problems. But the specs do look great and they're 60% cheaper than what i've dug up. My mother won't consider buying one since she think's it's a money waste, she think's that cheaper models will browse something the same. Not sure if i'm real, i might be a robot.

I have never owned anything other than used laptops, if they're in decent shape to start with and you don't abuse them they'll give you lots of life. You may need to replace a battery at some point. I have an almost 20 year old Dell that still works but is now too slow to use and an almost 10 year old Dell that works fine. Hardware is pretty robust, maybe a battery is needed or a keyboard has to be replaced but those can be done cheaply and worked around if you plug in a keyboard and use the power adapter.

I like Dell because they have good documentation on their website and parts are abundant.

4 hours ago, Ralph Gurci said:

Thank you for taking your precious time and replying to me. I checked the links you've posted and yes they are better but. I'm not sure, they're used as i mean someone has used them and i don't know how long they've been used and how. I mean i prefer new stuff, tho i've never bought used. I've been buying new phone parts e.tc for years and i had no problems. But the specs do look great and they're 60% cheaper than what i've dug up. My mother won't consider buying one since she think's it's a money waste, she think's that cheaper models will browse something the same. Not sure if i'm real, i might be a robot.

Well they are quite reliable laptops and will hold as well as the other laptops. Also the laptops have grades, these 2 are B rated meaning that you may only find very few scratches on the screen which are usually unnoticeable, other than that the laptop should be in perfect shape. 

One disadvantage of the used one is that, if you choose the dell you get more storage (320gb) however it's a hard drive which had a fair bit of use so you will have slow loading times of Windows and programs. 

If you're getting the Lenovo, which I recommend as it should have better battery life and better processor you are also getting a 128gb ssd which is not very much storage. However for your use case, stuff like visual studio, python and otherr programs do not take that much space, so it should be plenty unless you want to use it for larger games. But again, you can upgrade the storage at any time. Also you do have a 30 day return if you change your mind, however you will have to pay shipping fees.

Ok, let's get to the money part.

1st, I don't recommend applying online for a job, I've tried countless of times, you never really get an answer considering you are 15. 

2nd I recommend making a CV, say things you are good at but remember that employers value certain attributes about a candidate, unless you are going to try and find a placement in a computer repair shop or something of such domain, your usual employer doesn't really value your knowledge in HTML5 or stuff like that, however you are welcome to put it down. You can write it on a mobile device and print it out, if you don't have a printer available you might have to use pen and paper, you might need more than one copy. Remember employer look for good communication skills, team work, organization and problem solving. Do not lie in your CV, there's no point in doing so as the employer will earlier or later find out however you can embellish your the skills you have a little.

3rd, you need to find a job, the most effective way to do so is asking, basically go in any given shop around town and basically ask if they hire and you should be able to find something hopefully as business always look for young people as they don't need to pay them nearly as much as someone who pays taxes and has minimum wage. I know it may be a little awkward to just go and ask around but I can't think of a more effective way. Also ask people around you, friends, parents, acquaintances and all maybe they know something. 

Last, take any opportunities you're given for a job, doesn't matter whether it's baby sitting or not especially if you are in a small city. Anyway hope it helped.

Edit: one more thing, before taking the first job you are offered you might want to look around a bit still maybe you can find something better however, again there are few companies which hire teens.

Hopefully I'll have luck as I currently have work experience forced by school (basically working for free somewhere so you can write about it in a CV) and I'm currently in retail at a charity shop and basically my mum told me that B&M (shop/retail) are hiring people like me over the summer so hopefully with my retail experience maybe I'd be able to get a job with decent pay like I'm hopin for 5£/hr but that may be a bit too much.