What did you do when your order arrived damaged?

elkenrod

Greetings!  With the number of users on here actively purchasing new tech, I am going to assume that many on here have experienced problems with items arriving damaged.

I have a box that I just received from UPS that is beat to all hell.  I'm going to do an unboxing video for documentation purposes, but I wanted to see what other people's experiences have been with damaged orders.  Did you make a claim with UPS/Fed Ex?  Did you contact the retailer directly?  Also, what ended up happening as a result.  Thanks for the replies.

Greetings!  With the number of users on here actively purchasing new tech, I am going to assume that many on here have experienced problems with items arriving damaged.

I have a box that I just received from UPS that is beat to all hell.  I'm going to do an unboxing video for documentation purposes, but I wanted to see what other people's experiences have been with damaged orders.  Did you make a claim with UPS/Fed Ex?  Did you contact the retailer directly?  Also, what ended up happening as a result.  Thanks for the replies.

Call or Make a claim with UPS/Fed Ex and tell them that about your issue. Take photos maybe even a video to display the amount of damage done to your product. Ask for compensation for the damage (also check the contents) the product you bought may be damaged unless you've checked it yourself.

Say something like : Hi I bought this product which arrived with your courier service and I'm not pleased with the results of the product I ordered to come in this state. I'm asking for compensation (if the product is damage) due to the packaging and product being damaged in the transit between the where the package was received to my home"

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

RMA...

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

RMA...

Not really however that should also be included if the product or broken or damaged badly/lightly. He should contact the courier service and the manufacturer have it be corsair or intel.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

Not really however that should also be included if the product or broken or damaged badly/lightly. He should contact the courier service and the manufacturer have it be corsair or intel.

Oops, didn't read the post :P

If it's damage to the exterior box I would report it to the shipping service.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Honestly, the only thing I have ever recieved that was damaged was my 750D and I just used tape to hold the broken part on, as RMAing would have taken a while (The box was not damaged at all, just the front panel on the case itself).

As for what the OP should do, call fedex/USP and file a damage claim with them. Probably won't do any good though if it was not insured.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Oops, didn't read the post :P

If it's damage to the exterior box I would report it to the shipping service.

No your not wrong but RMA is only when its..totally unfunctional if I'm right or DOA.

Honestly, the only thing I have ever recieved that was damaged was my 750D and I just used tape to hold the broken part on, as RMAing would have taken a while (The box was not damaged at all, just the front panel on the case itself).

As for what the OP should do, call fedex/USP and file a damage claim with them. Probably won't do any good though if it was not insured.

First of all. Take pictures of the damage done to the packaging. Take out the contents that you have bought checking if any damage has occurred in the delivery to you. If there is contact the courier and tell them over an email vs calling,( in the UK it costs to call a 0800 number so be warned i don't know how the calling system works in the US) send an email to the manufacturer or person you bought it from saying that your product came to me broken like amazon if you bought it from them

well.. I raged

try to contact ups and the seller and tell the seller what the guys from ups told you

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

I usually ring (not email) the company who sent it and they sort it out

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

First of all. Take pictures of the damage done to the packaging. Take out the contents that you have bought checking if any damage has occurred in the delivery to you. If there is contact the courier and tell them over an email vs calling,( in the UK it costs to call a 0800 number so be warned i don't know how the calling system works in the US) send an email to the manufacturer or person you bought it from saying that your product came to me broken like amazon if you bought it from them

And in what way will that do any good? Getting a replacement (from NCIX) would take at least a week if not more (took a week to get here once ordered). So go another week without a case? No thanks, a single piece of electric tape repaired the damage and looks not that bad, and took less than 5 minutes to do.

If you are saying that is what the OP should do, that is all well, but It is best to contact the carrier FIRST and ask what they require. Or better yet, if you see that the package is damaged externally, don't accept it in the first place.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Go to their complaints department they are not too bad