Thoughts On Current Ultrabook Display Resolution

Lemonsquare

Hi,

I'm curious as to what everyones' thoughts are on laptop, especially ultrabook, display resolutions at this point in time, roughly (and generally speaking).

I'm looking for a new laptop on a slow and casual basis, but I find that, especially in the 15.6" range, ultrabooks generally have something like a 1366 x 768 display resolution - which is awful, frankly, especially with a lot of the higher-end ultrabooks having discrete GPUs, to me, is a total waste. There's certainly nothing "ultra" about that. 

What are your thoughts surrounding this? Does it bother you? Are you indifferent? 

I personally wouldn't want anything lower than 900p on a 15.6" display.

1366x768 on a 15.6 display is not optimal but no that terrible. It's arround 100 ppi, close to a 23 inch 1080p monitor.

Though yo do sit closer to it.

The Samsung Series 9 15 inch has 1600x900

Personally I think that 13 inch laptops are the best, not too small and functional

1080p IPS should be a standard by now. 1440p should be a premium feature and more widely available. I have no idea what's taking so long for mfgs to catch on. People will obviously pay more for a better looking screen.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)