Upgrading my current build Would appreciate advice

Rygeist
9 minutes ago, Aerpoweron said:

Download the zipped version

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

and post a screenshot like this:Capture.PNG.bfc4612a5f6a2e2b6e7f06c41b5c3811.PNG

You get 8% performance increase on 3200MHz memory in 720p gaming. 5% in 1080p. And since you go for a 2070 super, you will at least do 1080p i hope :D

I posted it. Thank you both for your help btw. Much appreciated.

I went ahead and bought the B450 Tomahawk MB for a few bucks more. Any idea when the 2070s will be back in stock?

That is actually an interesting memory. it has identical profiles for XMP and JEDEC. usually XMP is the overclocked profile. The JEDEC is a Standard the works everywhere and is specified.

I don't see any problem with the memory, just double check in the Bios how fast it is.

Did you also get the 3600 CPU?

Sorry no idea when it will be back in stock. Checked my usual store in Germany, and only Palit were in stock

1 minute ago, Aerpoweron said:

That is actually an interesting memory. it has identical profiles for XMP and JEDEC. usually XMP is the overclocked profile. The JEDEC is a Standard the works everywhere and is specified.

I don't see any problem with the memory, just double check in the Bios how fast it is.

Did you also get the 3600 CPU?

Yes I did. Glad to switch to AMD as well. Will I need to find out the product key for windows 10 before I move parts to the new build? Kinda dissapointed 2070s's are sold out :(

You can register your win10 when you link it with a microsoft account

If you log into it, after you installed win 10 on your new computer, you key should be carried over.

There might even be a LTT video about it. Techlinked maybe

14 minutes ago, Aerpoweron said:

You can register your win10 when you link it with a microsoft account

If you log into it, after you installed win 10 on your new computer, you key should be carried over.

There might even be a LTT video about it. Techlinked maybe

Another lame question but would the 3600 cpu support the 2080 super?

it should. Nvidia wants to sell their GPUs, so why should they not support the CPU. The CPU has PCI-E 4.0. The GPU has 3.0. So the CPU will adjust to that.
Unless Nvidia sabotages support on purpose, it should work.

But i have to go now, bed time.

If you have more questions, i can answer them tomorrow :)

3 hours ago, Rygeist said:

Another lame question but would the 3600 cpu support the 2080 super? 

Yes it would work, but generally not recommended at 1080p, especially not with the current RAM configuration you have right now, it's really pushing it

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

I don't see a problem with the memory. According to Techpowerup, you have at best a 5% increase of performance when you run at 1080p. And that was tested with a 2080ti. I think with the 2070 super you get not even that much of an impact, since you should run into gpu bottelnecking sooner.
So, you run a game at 100fps, add 5% it is a 105 FPS. It would be interesting to see the impact on the lowest one percent. 

17 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

Yes it would work, but generally not recommended at 1080p, especially not with the current RAM configuration you have right now, it's really pushing it

Well, I currently I have a 1440p monitor. I've been playing Destiny 2 with an ok framerate