New pc rig

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Okay I’ll get the 5700xt as the graphics card. Also I was only going to get the 2700 not the 2700x. Do you think it would be better to downgrade to the ryzen 5 3600 and upgrade the gpu to the 5700xt. Also I’ve just seen the pc build you posted. Would that be better ? Or would my build be better if I made the changes you mentioned. Just to let you know, I’m not planning to do any overclocking 

He wasn't the one who posted that build...?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

He wasn't the one who posted that build...?

Okay sorry I’m getting confused. Would you still be able to answer the question though? Kind regards 

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Okay I’ll get the 5700xt as the graphics card. Also I was only going to get the 2700 not the 2700x. Do you think it would be better to downgrade to the ryzen 5 3600 and upgrade the gpu to the 5700xt. Also I’ve just seen the pc build you posted. Would that be better ? Or would my build be better if I made the changes you mentioned. Just to let you know, I’m not planning to do any overclocking 

Hey bro can you answer this question for me? Would really appreciate 

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Okay sorry I’m getting confused. Would you still be able to answer the question though? Kind regards 

The 2700/2700x is not a great chip for gaming, you'd be much, much better off with the 3600 or a 9600K and up.

26 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Wow dude that does look good I appreciate that. My last question though, I also want the pc to be good at video editing and rendering. Can I still do this with the cpu as it’s less cores and threads ? 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Wow dude that does look good I appreciate that. My last question though, I also want the pc to be good at video editing and rendering. Can I still do this with the cpu as it’s less cores and threads ? 

The 3600 will perform pretty close to the 2700x for video rendering when using Premiere Pro for example as seen below:

pic_disp.jpg.d0ffb31598a0b6eca0ab2893727893c8.jpg

As you can see, the 3600 is only 4.3% slower. However, in gaming it's up to 20% faster generally speaking. Definitely worth it in my opinion. As an interesting side-note, the 9600K is the better performer in gaming and in Premiere Pro, however it is approximately £80 more when factoring in the cooler and the extra cost of the motherboard.

1 hour ago, jerubedo said:

The 3600 will perform pretty close to the 2700x for video rendering when using Premiere Pro for example as seen below:

pic_disp.jpg.d0ffb31598a0b6eca0ab2893727893c8.jpg

As you can see, the 3600 is only 4.3% slower. However, in gaming it's up to 20% faster generally speaking. Definitely worth it in my opinion. As an interesting side-note, the 9600K is the better performer in gaming and in Premiere Pro, however it is approximately £80 more when factoring in the cooler and the extra cost of the motherboard.

Okay so I guess the 3600 is a no brained if it performs more in games. And is only slightly worse in editing. Would the 3600 though still be a good choice for video editing? Obviously only just starting YouTube so could always upgrade in future anyway 

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

Okay so I guess the 3600 is a no brained if it performs more in games. And is only slightly worse in editing. Would the 3600 though still be a good choice for video editing? Obviously only just starting YouTube so could always upgrade in future anyway 

It's a decent choice for video editing, yes.

1 minute ago, jerubedo said:

It's a decent choice for video editing, yes.

Okay great. So the 3600 is more than capable of decent video editing and all that for s starting YouTuber? 

49 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Okay great. So the 3600 is more than capable of decent video editing and all that for s starting YouTuber? 

Correct.

15 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Correct.

Thanks so much for your help. Come pay day I’ll be buying this pc ??

27 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Thanks so much for your help. Come pay day I’ll be buying this pc ??

This gets you a better board and ssd:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£188.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£75.74 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Team - T-FORCE VULCAN Z 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£31.38 @ Aria PC) 
Memory: Team - T-FORCE VULCAN Z 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£31.38 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Crucial - P1 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£98.94 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card  (£379.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Silverstone - RL07 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£37.96 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Power Supply: be quiet! - System Power 9 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£47.43 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £891.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-12 01:19 BST+0100

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

48 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

This gets you a better board and ssd:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£188.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£75.74 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Crucial - P1 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£98.94 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card  (£379.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Silverstone - RL07 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£37.96 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Power Supply: be quiet! - System Power 9 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£47.43 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £891.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-12 01:19 BST+0100

I don't think that board lets you flash the BIOS without a CPU whereas the gaming plus does.

2 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

I don't think that board lets you flash the BIOS without a CPU whereas the gaming plus does.

It has bios flashback.

5 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

It has bios flashback.

oh good to know, my mistake then!

19 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I will be using the pc for gaming and video editing and rendering. The games I play aren’t really very demanding with the highest spec game being fortnite.

I would focus harder on the CPU, and get a solid midrange GPU. Something like a 1660Ti would play Fortnite in comfort without spending a buttload. This will allow you a significantly more powerful CPU for the workload computing. (This CPU also does very well in gaming!)

5 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

I would focus harder on the CPU, and get a solid midrange GPU. Something like a 1660Ti would play Fortnite in comfort without spending a buttload. This will allow you a significantly more powerful CPU for the workload computing. (This CPU also does very well in gaming!)

And just to make a few cuts to bring it closer to your listed budget, I will amend to:

MSI B450 Gaming Plus. Solid and still has BIOS flashback.

3000mhz RAM will put it closer to the range this MOBO is built for, though won't show as much assistance to the 3700X as the 3600mhz would.

The RX 590 is really a fairly small step down from the 1660Ti, and again will play Fortnite at high FPS.

I went with a P1 NVMe, though I think most would agree the 660p is a slightly better option. 

2TB HDD saves you 20 pounds, and you can always add more later. 

5 hours ago, jerubedo said:

oh good to know, my mistake then!

So should I change the board and ssd then to what Herman suggested?

1 hour ago, trevb0t said:

And just to make a few cuts to bring it closer to your listed budget, I will amend to:

MSI B450 Gaming Plus. Solid and still has BIOS flashback.

3000mhz RAM will put it closer to the range this MOBO is built for, though won't show as much assistance to the 3700X as the 3600mhz would.

The RX 590 is really a fairly small step down from the 1660Ti, and again will play Fortnite at high FPS.

I went with a P1 NVMe, though I think most would agree the 660p is a slightly better option. 

2TB HDD saves you 20 pounds, and you can always add more later. 

Okay I did think having a better cpu would be better considering it had more cores and threads which is needed for video editing. Plus the main game I play is RuneScape and my current laptop with a crappy i5 runs it very well. However will there be that much of s difference between the 3600 and 3700x in video editing?? I’m a little confused now. I feel like the 3600 build has a more solid graphics card and I feel like the 3700x build is compromised across the whole build???? I do really appreciate the advice tho. I would like Jerubedo and herman mcpootis to look at this and give me their opinion aswell first. Just saying I appreciate everyone’s responses a lot. 

6 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

It has bios flashback.

Can you take a look at my most recent comment in response to the other new build that has been suggested mate 

7 hours ago, jerubedo said:

Correct.

Can you look at my most recent comment mate and take a look over the other new build someone has mentioned please 

Hey guys, I’m going to be building a gaming pc. I have a budget of around 800-900. I can go higher if needed but I don’t think it’s neccessary for my needs. I will be using this pc for gaming and also video editing and rendering. The main game I will be playing is runescape, which doesn’t require crazy stuff anyway as my old i5 laptop runs is fine. I will also play fortnite and may venture into other games like bo4 - however not to sure if I will lol. But defo will play fortnite and runescape. I will be editing videos for YouTube videos and instagram photos and videos. I have two builds that I’m stuck between. Can you say which is better and why??? Really need help as I am s new builder 0748A96E-4A45-41F5-A45D-C58C547FCFE8.thumb.png.39b7242509dde272cf581d458292dd53.png7B08AF8B-0C45-4384-A1C3-BAF78942EF0F.thumb.png.cd8d2bbcb1b0667f1182826cdcc0d68c.png

However will there be that much of s difference between the 3600 and 3700x in video editing?

Significant difference. The 3700X has 2 more cores and 4 more threads, and has a higher boost clock. It's also binned better for overclocking if you are interested in doing so. It's a significantly stronger work-horse than the 3600. 

Watch Linus' recent video on the 3600 / 3700X if you need more info. He covered it very well.

I feel like the 3600 build has a more solid graphics card

It does. Though as you state your use case doesn't require much graphics card. If you're playing Runescape and Fortnite at 1080p, a card operating near an RTX 2060 or 2070 is significantly overkill, and not necessarily helping the workload computing that you do.

I feel like the 3700x build is compromised across the whole build

... Compromised how? I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. All parts listed are solid parts.

Why would I give you a compromised build? Perhaps you should do a little research on the parts listed before you say something so ridiculous.