Rx 580 : does it fit?

ItzUknown

I have the Phanteks enthoo evolv itx case and I wanted to upgrade my 1050 ti G1 gaming from gigabyte (40mm) into an rx 580 (Nitro+ 8GB 43mm) from sapphire the only problem is that I dont know if the cards height is ok or too big because phanteks doesn't say how big can the cards height be!!  Can somebody help me find out? 

Can't you just measure clearence of your 1050 mounted in the case and you get max height?

Ryzen 7 2700 @ 4.1 GHz, 16 GB GSKILL Trident Z RGB @ 3326 MHz CL14, ROG STRIX X470-I, ASUS RX 5700 XT "max OC", Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500G, EVGA Supernova G2 750w, custom LC "2 AIO 1 loop" (2x pump/block combo, 240+120 mm rad), Samsung 27" C27HG70 Curved 144Hz HDR, old Samsung 55" TV, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround, steady stream of coffee.

1 hour ago, stoff3x said:

Can't you just measure clearence of your 1050 mounted in the case and you get max height?

I could do that but I want an known good measurement thart is actually good. And also if i could dp that the  what was the point of asking? 

Yes, it should fit.

The Phanteks case supports a maximum cooler hight (CPU) of 200mm and the card is 135mm. The maximum length that the Phanteks support on the GPU side is 330mm and the card is 260mm. Also, the RX 580 is just 3mm higher than the GTX 1050 Ti.

So yes, it should fit without a problem.

38 minutes ago, TheTallGuy said:

Yes, it should fit.

The Phanteks case supports a maximum cooler hight (CPU) of 200mm and the card is 135mm. The maximum length that the Phanteks support on the GPU side is 330mm and the card is 260mm. Also, the RX 580 is just 3mm higher than the GTX 1050 Ti.

So yes, it should fit without a problem.

Ok so basically you say that I should go for it?

5 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

I have the Phanteks enthoo evolv itx case and I wanted to upgrade my 1050 ti G1 gaming from gigabyte (40mm) into an rx 580 (Nitro+ 8GB 43mm) from sapphire the only problem is that I dont know if the cards height is ok or too big because phanteks doesn't say how big can the cards height be!!  Can somebody help me find out? 

Hey man, I would go anyway... you can allways cut the case... I had that issue two times! :P

My case was the Cooler Master Gladiator 600: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/gladiator-600/

It has 270mm for the GPU and I did place this 2 GPUs:

- Asus GTX650TI DU2O (274,1mm) - https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/GTX650_TIDC2O1GD5/

- Asus ROG Strix GTX1060 O6G GAMING (298mm) - https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING/

:P 

But, if you don't want to cut the case, you have decent cases for small prices, you just need to search for one you like!

Btw, the values you gave us, they are about the height of the board, why?

What could matter is the lenght or the width, but more probably the lenght... in my case was the lenght.

CPU: AMD 3700x 4300mhz 1.3v                                                     Cooling: CoolerMaster ML240L

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (Wi-Fi)                    RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL 3600MHz Trident Z RGB CL16

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750W 80+ Gold                                      GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GD6

2 hours ago, Tiago8v said:

Hey man, I would go anyway... you can allways cut the case... I had that issue two times! :P

My case was the Cooler Master Gladiator 600: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/gladiator-600/

It has 270mm for the GPU and I did place this 2 GPUs:

- Asus GTX650TI DU2O (274,1mm) - https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/GTX650_TIDC2O1GD5/

- Asus ROG Strix GTX1060 O6G GAMING (298mm) - https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING/

:P 

But, if you don't want to cut the case, you have decent cases for small prices, you just need to search for one you like!

Btw, the values you gave us, they are about the height of the board, why?

What could matter is the lenght or the width, but more probably the lenght... in my case was the lenght.

Well ok so I guess you jerry rigged it

However in my case I dont wanna do that and I checked my gpu temps today which were about 70-76 soo i think that I will go with a card that has the same height as the one that I have 

50 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

ay man, sometimes ya just gotta cut some shit to get it to work ?

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x  Cooler: Wraith Prism    RAM: 32gb G.Skill Tridentz RGB 3200mhz     Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT     Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG     PSU: Corsair RM850x     

Storage: 250gb Samsung 960 EVO, 2TB Seagate Barracuda

HTPC/VR Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600     Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a     RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 3200mhz     Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb     Case: Fractal Design Node 202     PSU: Corsair SF600    

Storage: 120gb Kingston A400, 500gb Samsung 860 EVO

Streaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4ghz OC     Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition    RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX 2400mhz     Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 MATX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb     Case: Inwin 301 White/Blue     PSU: Evga 450BR    

Storage: 240gb Crucial BX500, 1TB Seagate Barracuda

14 hours ago, driftz240 said:

ay man, sometimes ya just gotta cut some shit to get it to work ?

indeed... hahaah I will try to post a photo later. I did a pretty good job on that case... hehe

CPU: AMD 3700x 4300mhz 1.3v                                                     Cooling: CoolerMaster ML240L

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (Wi-Fi)                    RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL 3600MHz Trident Z RGB CL16

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750W 80+ Gold                                      GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GD6

15 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

However in my case I dont wanna do that and I checked my gpu temps today which were about 70-76 soo i think that I will go with a card that has the same height as the one that I have 

70-76 on GPU? What about on CPU?

For example, take my example... I really like my older case, but sometimes things just need to be changed. My 1060 6g on forza horizon 4 was reaching 80º, no matter what... I had a good air flow, a few fans... all planed to work the best way, nice cpu temps, etc... And I did try a few changes in airflow just to be sure. No can do... even manual set the GPU fan speed to 100%... the bit** just didint wanna low the temps. I changed the case to a CoolerMaster MB500, and the temps got lower 25º on forza horizon 4.

I must tell yoou that at first I didin't want to belive how bad and outdated my old case was.

Check this out... pretty amazing... :|

IMG-20190316-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20190321-WA0006.jpg

20 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

Ok so basically you say that I should go for it?

Yes

54 minutes ago, Tiago8v said:

70-76 on GPU? What about on CPU?

For example, take my example... I really like my older case, but sometimes things just need to be changed. My 1060 6g on forza horizon 4 was reaching 80º, no matter what... I had a good air flow, a few fans... all planed to work the best way, nice cpu temps, etc... And I did try a few changes in airflow just to be sure. No can do... even manual set the GPU fan speed to 100%... the bit** just didint wanna low the temps. I changed the case to a CoolerMaster MB500, and the temps got lower 25º on forza horizon 4.

I must tell yoou that at first I didin't want to belive how bad and outdated my old case was.

Check this out... pretty amazing... :|

IMG-20190316-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20190321-WA0006.jpg

The cpu temps with the stock ryzen cooler are about 75 when I am playing really really hard games like battefield 1 ( I dont have bf5 becasue i dont like the sereis) but typically it is around 64 - 66

54 minutes ago, TheTallGuy said:

Yes

RX 580, king of cheap 1080p gaming!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Just now, NineEyeRon said:

Yes indeed 

3 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

The cpu temps with the stock ryzen cooler are about 75 when I am playing really really hard games like battefield 1 ( I dont have bf5 becasue i dont like the sereis) but typically it is around 64 - 66

I has just saying that a new case could be a nice upgrade too! ?

But try the 580 on that 1st and check the temps, then consider... or not to change the case. ?

1 minute ago, Tiago8v said:

I has just saying that a new case could be a nice upgrade too! ?

But try the 580 on that 1st and check the temps, then consider... or not to change the case. ?

I bought the case like 3 weeks ago with the whole system and I dont want to buy a new one but it has a 200mm on the front and it is a nice case for a small system I just want to make sure that the card wont suffocate

5 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

I bought the case like 3 weeks ago with the whole system and I dont want to buy a new one but it has a 200mm on the front and it is a nice case for a small system I just want to make sure that the card wont suffocate

Ohh... got you... I saw a few reviews on the case... the bottom space is your problem... now I get why you always talked about the height. ? omg sorry. haha

Well, you should be fine... since you have a lot of holes on the bottom part, the card should breath fine. Just make sure you dont add the 2 3.5hhds at the bottom, and of you have one, try to place it at the bottom... so the air can flow better.

1 hour ago, NineEyeRon said:

I have 2 RX 580's in my system, super happy with them. They are definitely the king of cheap 1080p gaming!

Just now, TheTallGuy said:

I have 2 RX 580's in my system, super happy with them. They are definitely the king of cheap 1080p gaming!

Okkkk and also how much power does 1 of draw at load

1 minute ago, ItzUknown said:

Okkkk and also how much power does 1 of draw at load

A stock RX 580 draws around 185Watts stock, an overclocked RX 580 draws about 220Watts.

ohh ok so the sapphire nitro+ would be around 220w right?