Insanely high ping, even though internet speed is fast

Nanikos

Hey!

So as of a few months ago my internet has just turned to absolute shit and this is how bad it is..

I can't use any telecom service (Facebook messenger, discord, skype, xbox parties ect) as my voice lags so bad. Discord in particular is always over 250ms.

Same with games though but my ping goes between 300-500 and I literally can't play anything. My internet speed is "relatively" fast. And I usually get 3-4mb/s. So I shouldn't have any problem on that side of things. Since I can download stuff just fine quite fast. 3-4mbs isn't as fast as other places but here in Australia it is.

The weird thing though is this has never been the case until a few months ago and had none of these problems prior. And regardless of what telecom service I was using I would have literally no lag at all. 

I know ping is all server side stuff though but that doesn't make sense because on discord it's the same exact thing on every server regardless of the region. Even the australian server me and my mates are in I can spike sometimes at 2600ms

Any sort of solutions would be great ?

image.png.5e3ada3c08ed1c4f7af19f29aff6ace2.png

Do you get any different results if you plug directly into the router? Have you tried a different network cable or restarting your router?

Can't plug directly in, my computer unfortunately doesn't have an ethernet port. Have tried restarting router before with no luck. Just pinged the router ip and got this.

image.png.79006a53f4346ab6ca666167c829eb02.png