Speaker to cover drums.

ManosMax13

I want a speaker so I can use it with my acoustic drums in my room because I dont like playing drums and listening to music via headphones. If it can be less than 100 dollars that would be good. I want to be kinda loud to cover the drums a bit and also have a at least acceptable sound quality.

3 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

I want a speaker so I can use it with my acoustic drums in my room because I dont like playing drums and listening to music via headphones. If it can be less than 100 dollars that would be good. I want to be kinda loud to cover the drums a bit and also have a at least acceptable sound quality.

Depends, is there any echo in that room? because if so, putting a speaker there is hopeless

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 minute ago, _Syn_ said:

Depends, is there any echo in that room? because if so, putting a speaker there is hopeless

Yes there is a lot of echo since its just an empty basement with some winter clothes and old stuff like that but basically empty.

And by basement meaning 2nd floor

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

Yes there is a lot of echo since its just an empty basement with some winter clothes and old stuff like that but basically empty.

Oh it's hopeless, i've tried jamming with my friend and I put up a tower of huge powerful speakers, but to no point, the echoing of the cymbals overpowers anything you put there, I suggest you get rid of echo first

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Just now, _Syn_ said:

Oh it's hopeless, i've tried jamming with my friend and I put up a tower of huge powerful speakers, but to no point, the echoing of the cymbals overpowers anything you put there, I suggest you get rid of echo first

Cant really do that.

well, you could try to get the room to be less echoy in the first place. unless you want to shell out some coin for dampening foam, AFAIK the cheapo solution is egg cartons or carpets on the wall - whichever you can get your hands on easier. otherwise, any speaker will sound horrible in a room without furniture - had the chance to experience that myself during the first weeks in my new flat ^^

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

I have an acoustic drumset and I want to play with a speaker just for fun and just so my family can hear what im playing so they dont think that I'm just hitting stuff at random. The budget is 100 to max 150. The audio is gonna propably be from a tablet or a laptop. It would really help if you could find your suggestions in this site: https://www.skroutz.gr/. But even if its not there just write the model and I will search it up to see if I can buy it locally.

Bruh? I am a drummer myself. But why a PA for a acustic set, to practice with?? or do you mean you have a e-drum set and currently play with headphones?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

Bruh? I am a drummer myself. But why a PA for a acustic set, to practice with?? or do you mean you have a e-drum set and currently play with headphones?

I just wanna be able to play along to a song and other people to be able to hear it. Let me give you an example, my friend and I cant jam together because his classical guitar is too quiet for the drum set so I end up like covering his sound so I just connect my blue yeti mic to the laptop then to the speaker and he can play like that. Then I just play a song and we jam thats why I want a speaker for my drumset for practice I have headphones.

2 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

I just wanna be able to play along to a song and other people to be able to hear it. Let me give you an example, my friend and I cant jam together because his classical guitar is too quiet for the drum set so I end up like covering his sound so I just connect my blue yeti mic to the laptop then to the speaker and he can play like that. Then I just play a song and we jam thats why I want a speaker for my drumset for practice I have headphones.

You should check out what Mackie has to offer.  Price range is around maybe 400 per self powered monitors.  You can choose 15" woofer.  Just google it because they have ton of products and sh*T.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

You should check out what Mackie has to offer.  Price range is around maybe 400 per self powered monitors.  You can choose 15" woofer.  Just google it because they have ton of products and sh*T.

Budget 100 to 150 dollars

6 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

AHHHHH GOT YOU. 

I understood it like you wanted to amplify the drums xD

I recommend Db technologies.

STAY AWAY from Bringer!! I blew so much stuf from them... always works for few years and then boom (and sonunds shiit anyway)

4 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

AHHHHH GOT YOU. 

STAY AWAY from Bringer!! I blew so much stuf from them... always works for few years and then boom (and sonunds shiit anyway)

I would immensely appreciate it If you could find me some that you recommend for 100 to 150 dollars. This is the same link as before just in the pa speakers category price low to high.

https://www.skroutz.gr/c/2222/hxeia_PA.html?o=pa+speakers&order_by=pricevat&order_dir=asc

2 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

AHHHHH GOT YOU. 

Also lmfao???

2 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

I would immensely appreciate it If you could find me some that you recommend for 100 to 150 dollars. This is the same link as before just in the pa speakers category price going up.

https://www.skroutz.gr/c/2222/hxeia_PA.html?o=pa+speakers&order_by=pricevat&order_dir=asc

Wellll I don't understand the language :D

But I also use the hype 8

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/11847609/Db-Technologies-B-Hype-8.html

sounds kilelr for its price. Sure don't expect a stage ready nice super punchy PA but for the price it is awesome!

10 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Wellll I don't understand the language :D

But I also use the hype 8

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/11847609/Db-Technologies-B-Hype-8.html

sounds kilelr for its price. Sure don't expect a stage ready nice super punchy PA but for the price it is awesome!

Ok thanks the language is greek btw anything else if I dont manage to find this where I live?

14 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

Budget 100 to 150 dollars

Oh boy.  You really can't get much with 100 dollars.  Whatever it maybe, it will sound almost like a toy unless its a high end product from a well known manufacturer and what not.

You can barely get cheesy stereo speakers for 100 dollars.  So wait you don't need 2 speakers.  You just need a powered PA they use for guitars.  Try guitar center and see what they have they have some low budget amp/speakers and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

Oh boy.  You really can't get much with 100 dollars.  Whatever it maybe, it will sound almost like a toy unless its a high end product from a well known manufacturer and what not.

You can barely get cheesy stereo speakers for 100 dollars.  So wait you don't need 2 speakers.  You just need a powered PA they use for guitars.  Try guitar center and see what they have they have some low budget amp/speakers and what not.

Guitat Center does not exist here...

1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

Well yes! it's a tight budget. But for band practice and shit its ok 

1 minute ago, ManosMax13 said:

Ok thanks the language is greek btw anything else if I dont manage to find this where I live?

just order on thoman or the likes!

Just now, Metallus97 said:

just order on thoman or the likes!

Ok thanks!

I have drums and i want to play along with some speakers because I find playing drums with headphones kind of weird. I need a good speaker or speakers that can cover the sounds of the acoustic drumset and its important that it has a jack so I can drive it with my phone!

Thanks for your time,

Manos!

25 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

I have drums and i want to play along with some speakers because I find playing drums with headphones kind of weird. I need a good speaker or speakers that can cover the sounds of the acoustic drumset and its important that it has a jack so I can drive it with my phone!

Thanks for your time,

Manos!

hey again I may not know much about spekers but why not go with a nice quality cheap open headphone? like a ksc 75 , a porta pro or a ,kph 30i?that way you can listen to the music as well as your drums