H100i in R4?

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

Yes, it fits. Not sure about push/pull though. And no, the H100i's pretty quiet. 

EDIT: H100i stock fans will make a lot of noise though. 

Hi guys! 

Going to buy a R4 and want to buy a nice closed loop water cooler so i can turn the fans down to around 600rpm and still my CPU is getting cooled good,

Does it fit and will the H100i pump make a lot of noise?

Thanks!

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Yes, it fits. Not sure about push/pull though. And no, the H100i's pretty quiet. 

I'll put some Be Quiet! Silent Wings on it that i have laying around.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I'll put some Be Quiet! Silent Wings on it that i have laying around.

That should work well, I've heard good things about those fans

push/pull depends on motherboard clearance, and with the Extreme 4, he could get away with push pull. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Hi guys! 

Going to buy a R4 and want to buy a nice closed loop water cooler so i can turn the fans down to around 600rpm and still my CPU is getting cooled good,

Does it fit and will the H100i pump make a lot of noise?

Thanks!

actually the h100i has a noticable high pitch pump noise. Its pretty annoying actually... I'd suggest getting a h105 or some other company's AIO 240mm solution.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

actually the h100i has a noticable high pitch pump noise. Its pretty annoying actually... I'd suggest getting a h105 or some other company's AIO 240mm solution.

That's odd, mine doesn't make any noise.

There was actually a thread with the exact same question yesterday. :D

You will have to fiddle a bit with the 8-Pin CPU connector. You'll have to forcefully bend it down while mounting, because the H100i partially covers the rubber gromet. Push/pull will most likeley not work. Push is the configuration to go to have maximum  clearance. 

The rad is thin (25mm) so not that much static pressure is needed, the bequiet silent wings will do.

who cares...

There was actually a thread with the exact same question yesterday. :D

You will have to fiddle a bit with the 8-Pin CPU connector. You'll have to forcefully bend it down while mounting, because the H100i partially covers the rubber gromet. Push/pull will most likeley not work. Push is the configuration to go to have maximum  clearance. 

The rad is thin (25mm) so not that much static pressure is needed, the bequiet silent wings will do.

Time zones is a bitch, i didn't see that topic, sorry :P

Thanks for the info i'll keep it in mind! :)