H500i poerbutton?

HairyPotter

So i have built 3/4 of my pc excluding the gpu and cpu and connected everything, pressed the power button and everything lit up, except the power button is that because the cpu and gpu are not connected or what? I connected the f panel connectors easily so I don't know what else can be the problem

Is there some reason that you didn't install the CPU and GPU and see if the system runs? The power button LED wiring is polarity sensitive, so make sure that the + and - are connected correctly. 

21 minutes ago, lexidobe said:

Is there some reason that you didn't install the CPU and GPU and see if the system runs? The power button LED wiring is polarity sensitive, so make sure that the + and - are connected correctly. 

Because they didn't arrive yet, the f panel connector seems fine

51 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

Because they didn't arrive yet, the f panel connector seems fine

Ok that makes sense. Not having a CPU shouldn't cause the light on the power button to not come on on the boards I have seen, but your board may be different. What board do you have?

9 hours ago, lexidobe said:

Ok that makes sense. Not having a CPU shouldn't cause the light on the power button to not come on on the boards I have seen, but your board may be different. What board do you have?

The msi x470 gaming pro carbon

On 7/7/2019 at 12:51 PM, HairyPotter said:

So i have built 3/4 of my pc excluding the gpu and cpu 

Your system wont boot without a CPU, period. You'll get lights on the board, but you wont be able to get anything working without a CPU in the socket. If the CPU doesnt have a dedicated GPU (all intel CPU's do, certain Ryzen SKU's do but the rest dont) then you'l also have to wait for the GPU to see any images on a screen.

If you're referring to the Power LED on the case not lighting up, it's either a wiring issue with the front panel connectors or the case light itself could be defective from the factory. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Your system wont boot without a CPU, period. You'll get lights on the board, but you wont be able to get anything working without a CPU in the socket. If the CPU doesnt have a dedicated GPU (all intel CPU's do, certain Ryzen SKU's do but the rest dont) then you'l also have to wait for the GPU to see any images on a screen.

If you're referring to the Power LED on the case not lighting up, it's either a wiring issue with the front panel connectors or the case light itself could be defective from the factory. 

Yea the powerbutton LED kinda teiggers my ocd