Dl360 g6 won't handle SSD

I have an HP DL360 Gen6 that I bought for a song a couple of weeks ago.  I've been trying to upgrade it, but the biggest roadblock I am having is that the hard drive bays won't accept a SATA SSD.   The problem is that I really don't want to spend the huge $$ to buy a SAS SSD, and I really don't need the extra bandwidth, I just want to reduce latency on the OS partition.  I noticed the MB has a connector for a DVD on it(circled in red in the picture)  The server itself does not have a DVD, but motherboard has a connector and the bios does seem to look for it.  however, the power connector doesn't look right for connecting an SSD, and there is no other connection for power except for the one circled in blue, which is labeled pcie power(8 pin).  I've looked for pcie to sata power connectors, and while they exist, they are all designed to go the other way--taking SATA power from a power supply to power up a PCIE card, not taking pcie power from a PSU to power a sata drive.  So the question I have is does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work?

InkedWP_20190706_13_45_18_Pro_LI.jpg

InkedWP_20190706_13_45_23_Pro_LI.jpg

A DL360 G6 will support a standard SATA SSD. You just need to mount the SSD in a standard HP drive caddy and put it in like a regular disk it came with, after that you need to go in to the RAID config and setup an array with that SSD. You won't see the SSD in an OS installer without creating the RAID array first.

No, it doesn't.  I had installed a pny 120g SSD in it, and when I went into raid config, it did not recognize it was there.  When I did some searching, I found this:

https://serverfault.com/questions/688730/can-i-use-a-normal-ssd-disk-in-hp-dl380-g6

Edit: To add, the ssd itself was not defective.  I had used it in a laptop and installed windows server onto it.

Update:

It turns out that the raid controller was finicky about ssds.  I put in a WD blue 500G drive and it worked fine.