Ping better on battery

SHAZAM_YT

So, usually my ping in online games is like 90-100ms which is ok but i noticed that when ever my electricity went off, my ping dropped from like 110 to 50-70 have tried every thing to get that ping but no solution. Btw its a laptop and there is no other device on the network and i am using 5ghz wifi

My guess is when electricity went off, probably computers and things in a lot of other houses/apartments around you shut down, so there's less load on networking equipment around you sending and receiving data to your ISP.

Basically, the pipes are less congested with data traffic so your data packets may be processed faster by your ISP.

Or, maybe other wireless routers around you shut down due to power failure, so the air around you was not so full of wireless networks, making it easier for your wireless router to process your wireless network card's signal.

You may get better signal (lower latency) if you configure your network card and your router to work on some "channel" that's less abused by other wireless networks around you - you may be currently on a channel that's really overloaded by lots of other wireless routers around you, but when power went out and those routers shut down, suddenly the signal got much better, as the other wireless equipment stopped producing signals and loading the "air" around you with noise.