People with gtx 1070, will you upgrade to Supers?

SuperFlower

As the title says, will you upgrade to rtx 2060 Super or rtx 2070 Super? I have a msi gtx 1070 gaming x (buyed it in july 2016 for 480 euros) and I'm thinking if I should upgrade. I also don't trust nvidia after they eol-ed 2070 and 2080 and I'm pretty sure this super cards will have a short life as next years 7nm could come earlier. What will you do? I'm still not convinced yet, should I hold on to my 1070, upgrade to 2070s, or wait for next years 7nm 3070.

Do 1070 Tis count?

Please @Dormant God or quote me if you want me to see your message/reply

Custom PC Specs
Custom PC Build: (CPU) i7-6700k (MotherBoard) GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z170 SLI ATX (RAM) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR4/3000MHz (GPU) MSI GTX 1080 (Case) Crystal 570X RGB (Storage) 1 TB HDD from Seagate

I've got a GTX 970. Not upgrading to those BS "Super" cards. If anything I'd upgrade to one of the upcoming Navi GPUs from AMD.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I dont see why. At 1080p the 1070 is an excellent card. Tho sadly Nvidia will focus their drivers on optimizing for Turing and not pascal. (Edit: also game development is becoming async)

Am i able to answer? Got a fury card. Which is right below 1070 class performance. Too late ive given my two cents. Also i guess vega people can answer, tho those cards will hold up better in async/dx12/etc games

To be honest I'm not planing on getting anymore nvidia stuff if Navi pulls through with competitive performance numbers, since I also plan to upgrade my CPU to an AMD Ryzen in the forseeable future.

Please @Dormant God or quote me if you want me to see your message/reply

Custom PC Specs
Custom PC Build: (CPU) i7-6700k (MotherBoard) GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z170 SLI ATX (RAM) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR4/3000MHz (GPU) MSI GTX 1080 (Case) Crystal 570X RGB (Storage) 1 TB HDD from Seagate

11 minutes ago, Dormant God said:

To be honest I'm not planing on getting anymore nvidia stuff if Navi pulls through with competitive performance numbers, since I also plan to upgrade my CPU to an AMD Ryzen in the forseeable future.

Why does CPU choice affect what you will get in terms of GPU?

I have an MSI GTX 1070 Quicksilver and, it still runs perfectly fine. I had to repaste it once but, I don't see myself upgrading for another two years or more.

If you are not happy with its performance anymore maybe give Overclocking a try before you get a new one.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

I just upgraded from a Gainward 1070 GS to a 2080ti. 

The 1070 ran fine in 1440p 144hz with low settings in almost every competitive game and 60hz in single player games with better settings. I decided to upgrade just for the eye candy because I wanted the games to look prettier.

If you want the performance, go for an upgrade. If you want the best value, run the 1070 as long as you can and upgrade after it breaks or can’t keep up with the games you play. 

GTX 1070 TI will wait for the generation afterwards dependin on the performance of the card around the time.

Primary

CPU:      i9-10900k 3.7-5.3GHz (10th gen)

GPU:      EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming 12gb

MB:         ASUS RoG Maximus XIII Hero (ATX)

RAM:      64gb (4x16) DDR4-3200MHz G.Skill TridentZ Silver/Black (CL16)

HD:         1x 8TB Corsair MP400 NVMe PCIe 3.0 (SSD)

2x 16TB Seagate Exos 7200rpm (HDD)

E-HD:     12TB WD

PSU:       EVGA 1000w G2, 80+ Gold (modular)

UPS:       900w CyberPower

Display:   ASUS 27” 1440p/270Hz IPS 0.5ms (XG27AQM)

Aorus 27" 1440p/165Hz IPS 1ms (FI27Q-P) iGPU

KeyB:      EVGA Z15 (wired)

Mouse:    Logitech G-502 Hero (400/600/800/1000)

Headset: JBL Quantum ONE Gaming Headset

Case:      Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh (ATX)

Other:     XB-1 Wireless Controller Adapter w/Controller

NPET H01 Gaming Mouse Bungee Cord Holder w/4 USB Ports

Gaming Computer Specs.pdf

I have a 1070Ti playing 75hz 2560x1440p and I do not plan to upgrade for another year. I am waiting for the price battle between AMD and Nvidia to play out so I can pay the least for the most performance.

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio