Meshify C dual rad

Go to solution Solved by For Science!,
7 minutes ago, ManEatingFridge said:

So the 240 at the top isn't even occluding the RAM? Did you have any trouble with anything on the mobo getting in the way? Rad thickness? Also those fans are practically touching lol. Are any secondary components like ram, vrms, chipset etc getting toasty in there?

This is the kind of loop I would do if I had the money for it. This pic makes me sad.

VRM clearance is not an issue in my case since I have a monoblock, however when I was using a 240 AIO in the past in a Define C (same tooling as Meshify C) I had no problems with VRM or the RAM, admittedly however this Prime z270 board doesn't have particulary tall VRM heatsinks, however not many VRM heatsinks are taller than LPX modules IIRC. DDR4 doesn't get hot enough to be of any concern. If you see my AIO below, the two front fans are 140 mm, and I think there is enough clearance for a 280 mm just fine, may have to scoot the two radiator back a bit, but that is fine.

Early days

15.thumb.jpg.78a347b22e780472e6ff5ee70bbec2c8.jpg

Close, but not touching

22.jpg.a4ed1d006f3edb83b391a5cf0b6af400.jpg

Would a Meshify C fit dual radiators?

Any experience and stories about watercooling in the case appreciated.

Need to fit a 280mm AIO in the front and 240 at the top. Fractal's spec page says 240 in the top is fine if mobo component height is below 40mm. I got Corsair LPX ram which is like 37mm or something, though I'm not sure if the I/O or VRM heatsinks on the mobo would get in the way. 

Front 280mm rad is limited by GPU length. Assuming 30mm rad, 25mm fan and 267mm GPU I should have like 7 cm of clearance. 

Now the last concern would be that the two rads get in eachother's way somehow (where they would meet in the top right of the case). This is kinda hard to account for through specs and pics alone and I haven't seen anyone online really doing this. Really don't see any other case I'd want to do the build in other than maybe the O-11DW, but that would require some changes in cooling hardware.

Thoughts?

Send help

10 minutes ago, ManEatingFridge said:

-

I have a 360, 240, res, pump, and 2 GPUs in my Meshify C. I think it is one of the most crowded Meshify C's out there. Not easy, takes a lot of planning (or luck, in my case) but is feasible.

Edit: Your Dual AIO should be fine, I have LPX memory too, and the 240 mm should clear. You may however have to open up the basement.

IMG_2941-2945_02.jpg.6491189f827965f025800f0680aab9c2.jpg

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

I have a 360, 240, res, pump, and 2 GPUs in my Meshify C. I think it is one of the most crowded Meshify C's out there. Not easy, takes a lot of planning (or luck, in my case) but is feasible.

IMG_2941-2945_02.jpg.6491189f827965f025800f0680aab9c2.jpg

So the 240 at the top isn't even occluding the RAM? Did you have any trouble with anything on the mobo getting in the way? Rad thickness? Also those fans are practically touching lol. Are any secondary components like ram, vrms, chipset etc getting toasty in there?

This is the kind of loop I would do if I had the money for it. This pic makes me sad.

Send help

7 minutes ago, ManEatingFridge said:

VRM clearance is not an issue in my case since I have a monoblock, however when I was using a 240 AIO in the past in a Define C (same tooling as Meshify C) I had no problems with VRM or the RAM, admittedly however this Prime z270 board doesn't have particulary tall VRM heatsinks, however not many VRM heatsinks are taller than LPX modules IIRC. DDR4 doesn't get hot enough to be of any concern. If you see my AIO below, the two front fans are 140 mm, and I think there is enough clearance for a 280 mm just fine, may have to scoot the two radiator back a bit, but that is fine.

Early days

Close, but not touching

4 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Early days

Close, but not touching

Thanks man, I'll try the 280 out in shop somehow if I can but looks like it'll be fine. I see you have superior noctua fans as well. Truly a man of culture. Awesome build, I'll try and reach your level one day :)

Send help