Static Ip Adresses

Kabom

Noob question, 

How do I assign a static ip adress without knowing/seeing what DNS server im using on the router control panel?

You can check CMD put in: ipconfig/all -> enter

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

If you're just using the default settings on your router, the DNS will be the router's IP address. 

If you don't want to use the router, you can use Google's Public DNS servers. I'd recommend using 8.8.8.8 as the primary and 1.1.1.1 as the secondary. Those are Google and CloudFlare's DNS respectively. 

If you're on DHCP and need to find what the default gateway and DNS settings currently are, you can open CMD and run the following command:

ipconfig /all

Ehm. I get the defualt gateway as my dns server? But can I just use the Cloudflare/Google one on the pc (And not on the router) without ruining the confi. Trying to port forward.  

Didnt read your post. My bad

Just now, Kabom said:

Ehm. I get the defualt gateway as my dns server? But can I just use the Cloudflare/Google one on the pc (And not on the router) without ruining the confi. Trying to port forward.  

DNS doesn't really have anything to do with port forwarding. 

The default gateway will be your router's IP address. By default, the router will assign itself as the DNS server, which will normally then point to your ISPs own DNS servers. 

On the PC, you can just set it to Google/CloudFlare and it will be fine. Shouldn't have any impact on port forwarding.