Water Cooling Upgrade Questions (NZXT H500)

Hello, LTT Forums!

I have an H500 and plan to get a corsair dual-rad cpu cooler. However, I have some concerns about fan orientation.  I don't want to blow hot air into my chassis, which would happen if I mounted the Dual rad in the front, the only place where it can be mounted.  Even though the limited ventilation in the front of the case, should I still mount the dual rad blowing outwards? There is only an inch wide strip going all the way down on one side that is perforated. I would also make both of the fans at the both blow inwards, towards the CPU and motherboard. 

Thank you for your help! :D

3 minutes ago, Rylando_ said:

-

Welcome to the forums!

I am personally quite okay with this idea provided you put filters on the intakes in the rear and top. I have been running a heavily negative pressure reverse airflow direction case for a while and it has served me well. Given that it sounds like you will be using an AIO, I would advise you try both orientations and see what suits you best.

i have that case, the front doest have the best airflow, but is decent enough

be sure to install the top 140mm fan pushing air out, the fan in the back too

i think you can even put 4 fans in the front

the heat generated by the radiator needs to be pushet at the back fast, with a 240mm the heat is constant but not terribly high, wont get that hot

what do you plan using it with, rizen or a i9?

the cpu is a Ryzen 5 2600.  Currently the case generates alot of noise, and I plan to overclock the cpu once I water cool it. 

14 minutes ago, Rylando_ said:

the cpu is a Ryzen 5 2600.  Currently the case generates alot of noise, and I plan to overclock the cpu once I water cool it. 

the noise, does it come from the fans? are you connecting them to a fan hub, or directly to the mobo fan headers?

i found problematic the fan in the top, i placed a 140mm fan up there but had to conect it using a speed reductor from a thermaltake fan i had around, perfect solution for that fan, the top of the case vibrates alot when fan spins hard

22 minutes ago, Rylando_ said:

the noise, does it come from the fans? are you connecting them to a fan hub, or directly to the mobo fan headers?

i found problematic the fan in the top, i placed a 140mm fan up there but had to conect it using a speed reductor from a thermaltake fan i had around, perfect solution for that fan, the top of the case vibrates alot when fan spins hard