best sounding music player?

hello i was wondering what peoples recommendations would be for the best sounding music player for win10,i have used most of the well known ones and so far my go to is music bee,only because it can use vst plugins,anyways im hoping maybe theres some ive never heard of that are better sounding.Thanks!

3 minutes ago, goto10 said:

always liked foobar2000 but havent used it in years

yeah i been hearing good things about it just never tried it

21 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

hello i was wondering what peoples recommendations would be for the best sounding music player for win10,i have used most of the well known ones and so far my go to is music bee,only because it can use vst plugins,anyways im hoping maybe theres some ive never heard of that are better sounding.Thanks!

AIMP and Jet Audio ....   :)

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Do you really hear difference in quality and not just how default EQ sounds like? I've always picked that kind of software based on features. Which is why I have Foobar2k on desktop.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Foobar, Aimp, MusicBee and all other players that have sound settings in configuration (where you can set direct output using Wasapi or Asio) play the same sound. Want good quality? Set your soundcard to 44.1 at 16bit (and player too) so your amplifier will not produce artifact when trying to reproduce sounds that are over your hearing limits (and amplifier limits). Higher values are not always better.

2 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Foobar, Aimp, MusicBee and all other players that have sound settings in configuration (where you can set direct output using Wasapi or Asio) play the same sound. Want good quality? Set your soundcard to 44.1 at 16bit (and player too) so your amplifier will not produce artifact when trying to reproduce sounds that are over your hearing limits (and amplifier limits). Higher values are not always better.

i have mine set to 32bit 192000hz,going to be using smsl m8a with smsl sap-12 and 160 wattx2 amp with elac uni-fi ub5 bookshelf speakers.....

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Do you really hear difference in quality and not just how default EQ sounds like? I've always picked that kind of software based on features. Which is why I have Foobar2k on desktop.

yeah your prolly right,no difference in any of the players i suppose,getting ready to try jet audio,aimp,amarok,foobar2k,media monkey,and i didnt know they remade winamp that used to be my fav back in the day so ill try that also,and finally i have jriver to try...one of these i should find to my liking lol

3 hours ago, xreaperx22 said:

i have mine set to 32bit 192000hz,going to be using smsl m8a with smsl sap-12 and 160 wattx2 amp with elac uni-fi ub5 bookshelf speakers.....

Read this: https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Higher is not better.

Do you want good quality? Use proper settings, not crappy marketing settings.

32 bits doesn't harm, but 192kHz is extreme b***it and can in fact make your sound worse.

22 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Read this: https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Higher is not better.

Do you want good quality? Use proper settings, not crappy marketing settings.

32 bits doesn't harm, but 192kHz is extreme b***it and can in fact make your sound worse.

im using 32 bit because the external dac i have is also 32bit really dont hear any difference between 32 24 or 16,i just set it to that cuz of the dac thats all

59 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

im using 32 bit because the external dac i have is also 32bit really dont hear any difference between 32 24 or 16,i just set it to that cuz of the dac thats all

32 bits is ok, 192kHz may creates distortion. 44.1 is perfect for music. And 99.9% of music will not need on the fly converting - additional bonus.

You're audio maniac (me too - a little), that's why I give you that link. You can also find interesting video (link) inside. Both (article and video) are imo "must read" if you're person who wants to know more about sound, quality, settings etc. It's not waste of time, it's very interesting.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:40 PM, homeap5 said:

32 bits is ok, 192kHz may creates distortion. 44.1 is perfect for music. And 99.9% of music will not need on the fly converting - additional bonus.

You're audio maniac (me too - a little), that's why I give you that link. You can also find interesting video (link) inside. Both (article and video) are imo "must read" if you're person who wants to know more about sound, quality, settings etc. It's not waste of time, it's very interesting.

that was a great link thanks!

55 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

that was a great link thanks!

I'm glad I can help. :) Now you can try to switch to lower numbers, eliminate distortions and show middle finger to people who thinks that they hear ultrasounds. Unless you raise bats that compose their own music and need ultrasounds. ;) And, what is interesting, you can find that easily - speakers that can play sounds beyond range of hearing and amplifiers that can handle that speakers. Audio maniacs are great, they support the market buying lot of useless stuff. Look at this: LINK - these are wooden small cable stands that costs a LOT (and they're not the most expensive I found, believe me). It suppose to limit vibrations of speaker cables and increase this way quality of sounds. Somehow. :)

13 hours ago, homeap5 said:

I'm glad I can help. :) Now you can try to switch to lower numbers, eliminate distortions and show middle finger to people who thinks that they hear ultrasounds. Unless you raise bats that compose their own music and need ultrasounds. ;) And, what is interesting, you can find that easily - speakers that can play sounds beyond range of hearing and amplifiers that can handle that speakers. Audio maniacs are great, they support the market buying lot of useless stuff. Look at this: LINK - these are wooden small cable stands that costs a LOT (and they're not the most expensive I found, believe me). It suppose to limit vibrations of speaker cables and increase this way quality of sounds. Somehow. :)

oh wow even i wouldnt fall for that one lol,reminds me of speaker wire costing thousands of dollars,theres only so much you can do to a wire and good old plain oxygen free copper is all you need,and its pretty cheap.

Winamp?

Other than that, most audio players share the BASS.dll infrastructure, so you won't find many differences.

Write in C.

16 minutes ago, Dat Guy said:

Winamp?

Other than that, most audio players share the BASS.dll infrastructure, so you won't find many differences.

yeah so far im liking the "new" winamp very nostalgic for me lol

wow just now realizing i had my outgoing source plugged into the wrong output,looks like on this motherboard the ess sabre dac goes through the front panel,huge difference.very odd though im used to gigabyte boards where there dac goes through all the outputs.oh well