fps drops, stutters, input lag

okay so ive got this big problem with my pc. ive talked to alot of people and nobody has come up with a solution.

im runnin a i5 7400 and a msi 1060 6gb oc version, h110m-dgs mobo, 8gb ddr4 2400mhz ram, 600w zalman psu and a 7200rpm 1tb hdd

the problem is that im gettin alot of fps drops in games like my pc drops about 30 or 40 frames for example. im playing rainbow six siege and im getting 70-80 fps on low to medium settings. 

but heres a catch. when i reinstall my gpu drivers my fps goes to 110- 130 everything maxed. 

but then after like 30mins of playing for like an hour or 2 (its really unpredictable) it goes back to 70 to 80fps on low settings.

not only my fps drop ive got some micro sutters goin on aswell as some input lag with it.

ive tried fresh install of windows tried changing the drivers, ive monitored the temps they are all fine im not thermal throtling, tried updating motherboard bios aswell.

so i decided to get a new gpu. ive bought a zotac 1070 amp edition and i was suprised to see that ghe provlem is still there.

i even borrowed my 1060 to my friend that is into computers. he tested it on his pc and said its not performing as it should so he has the drops aswell. he has a i5 4th gen idk which one exactly and a gtx 960 16gb ddr4 ram and a ssd. 

so i was suprised to see that both 1060 and my new 1070 have same issue and not only on my pc. i didnt borrow him 1070 as im investigateing the problem but it just seems hopeless. 

also ive talked to my other friend he has a inno3d 1060 6gb and a i5 8500 cpu wifh 16gb of ram and a ssd and he says that he has a same problem as me. 

before i asked him about it i thought its my cpu bottlenecking as ive monitored cpu usage its 100% in games like fortnite and rainbow six siege paired with the 1070( forgot what the cpu usage was with 1060). 

so now idk what to do anymore ive basically checked everything and both of my friends have completly different parts than me.

ive talked with a friend in the us he said he asked around and all his friends with a 1060 had the same problem but ive upgraded to a 1070 and the problem is still there. 

i really dont know what to do its come to a point where i was about to take my pc and my phone and go out and rec a drop test on 10feet.

windows updates? driver updates running in background?

geforce experience updates? did you try DDU? safe mode? what is GPU utilization?

15 minutes ago, Saksham said:

geforce experience updates? did you try DDU? safe mode? what is GPU utilization?

Windows updates, agreed. In one of Jayz2Cents' WAN show apperances, he talked about how windows updates can mess with benchmarks in pretty significant ways. Check if your updates are running while gaming. Gotta love microsoft am I right :)

Internet browser and some softwares like Discord use hardware acceleration which could messed up your gaming performance when running in the background.

Try disable hardware acceleration option in settings. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, karibo said:

i thought its my cpu bottlenecking as ive monitored cpu usage its 100%

yeah... that there is your problem

8 hours ago, Saksham said:

yh i always reinstall my drivers with ddu in safe mode. also everytime bdfore i start my hame i check if theres any windows updates.

7 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Internet browser and some softwares like Discord use hardware acceleration which could messed up your gaming performance when running in the background.

Try disable hardware acceleration option in settings. 

ive figured that out when j mknitored the gpu that my discord keep my card at like 600mhz constantly on desktop ive disabled the acceleration and they were all closed completly. only thing i had running is steam, and windows  defender

8 hours ago, adithyay328 said:

Windows updates, agreed. In one of Jayz2Cents' WAN show apperances, he talked about how windows updates can mess with benchmarks in pretty significant ways. Check if your updates are running while gaming. Gotta love microsoft am I right :)

mhm i check that everytime before i start my game

7 hours ago, emosun said:

yeah... that there is your problem

yh but then again i have a friend who has a 1060 6 gb and a i5 8500 and hes havin the same problems i think. and i5 8500 is not a bad processor in any means shouldnt bottleneck at all

if your cpu is at 100% in any task ever , it's the bottleneck. even 90% could still be a bottleneck.

if whatever game you're playing isn't that intensive you can check and make sure it's not something else using your cpu power , but it being pegged at 100% is why the machine isn't running well

1 hour ago, emosun said:

if your cpu is at 100% in any task ever , it's the bottleneck. even 90% could still be a bottleneck.

if whatever game you're playing isn't that intensive you can check and make sure it's not something else using your cpu power , but it being pegged at 100% is why the machine isn't running well

mhm okay i returned he 1070 and will prob get a 2700x here in a month. i watched some vids and stuff even jayztwocents video seems like 270px isnt even bottlenecking a 2080ti so i think i might be good after that.

i was thinking between r7 2700x or i5 9600k but i think ill be better of with 2 extra cores and 10 extra threads