ryzen 3000 and gigabyte B450M S2H

i am planning on build a new pc, to move from a potato gaming pc to a not so potato gaming pc

i will keep some parts, but i will change most main components

i am planning on start on a gigabyte B450M S2H, add a r2 2200 or 3200 and 2x4 ddr4 2666

the motherboard is cheap, but i like the brand and the others i find are considerably more expensive when compared to this one

anyone has a similar build, in terms of the motherboard? something i should consider?

the rest of the pc will be parts i already have and will migrate, a 120 ssd as windows drive, a 1 tb toshiba hard disk for games, a corsair cs500 psu, a gt 1030 and a nzxt h500 with all 4 fans, including a 140mm fan on top exhausting heat, also i could or could not migrate a cooler master tx3 evo heatsink i have, depends on noise of the amd heatsink

my main concern with the motherboard is overclocking capabilities, since it doesn't have heatsink on some vrms, how hard can i overclock both ram and cpu, without using the apu part, that will not be needed

i would like to rech as close to 4ghz on the cpu and 3000 mhz on the ram, how close could i get to those numbers, if anyone has that cheap motherboard and could play around with it

10 minutes ago, goto10 said:

the motherboard is cheap, but i like the brand and the others i find are considerably more expensive when compared to this one

what region are you shopping in? Often the ASRock B450m Pro4 is the cheapest AM4 mobo with a proper VRM heat sink, how much would that cost you compared to your current selection?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

thank you for your reply

i was going for a asrock gaming k4, but is not available anymore here, and to be honest i don't trust on asrock, i only trust on msi, asus and gigabyte

i prefer to buy my motherboards on local stores, no internet, i rarely buy parts online, cpus or similar stuff, motherboards are expensive for the weight, import costs make them impossible to buy basically

the closest one in price to that gigabyte is a asus prime b450 that costs almost 30 dollars more, that sadly i can't afford atm

i think i can find a msi bazooka for that same price of that asus prime, but if i go for a board in that price range i would have to wait a month for the cpu

sometimes i play with the idea of go for a athlon 220ge, thinking i would move to a 3000 or a 4000 series later next year, but the idea sounds so stupid on m mind that i don't know what to do there

i don't play more than some indie games, some emulators, lots of gta and subnautica that thanks to the slow x4 860k i have makes my eyes bleed with the low fps and weird stutter i get

if anyine with that motherboard could share their experiences it would be great

21 hours ago, goto10 said:

i was going for a asrock gaming k4, but is not available anymore here, and to be honest i don't trust on asrock, i only trust on msi, asus and gigabyte

Why wouldn't you trust them? They are actually pretty good and more consistent than MSI I would say.
Like any other brand, everyone has better and worse models, but as far as I experienced, I always had better luck with Asrock compared to MSI.

9 minutes ago, SliceT said:

Why wouldn't you trust them? They are actually pretty good and more consistent than MSI I would say.
Like any other brand, everyone has better and worse models, but as far as I experienced, I always had better luck with Asrock compared to MSI.

i sometimes fix other people pcs, it is not rare to see a msi motherboard work well for 10 years, most asrock at 5 are just garbage

what do you think about that gigabyte i want to purchase?

1 hour ago, goto10 said:

i sometimes fix other people pcs, it is not rare to see a msi motherboard work well for 10 years, most asrock at 5 are just garbage

what do you think about that gigabyte i want to purchase?

Gigabyte doesn't have that many options for the B450 chipset.

The DS3H is a lower end board that actually isn't even that cheap, the Aorus M is too expensive for a board that doesn't seem to outperform the Asrock Pro4 as to justify being $15 more. The Aorus Elite is good, but at $103 why would you not just take the MSI Tomahawk?Especially since it has less PCIe x1 slots than the Pro4 (ATX) which might be a hindrance to people who have expansion cards.

Now if we're talking Intel, then Gigabyte might be the one to go for as their Z390 options are great.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

well, i finally waited to see ryzen 3000 prices locally for r3 3200 and are almost the same for a r5 2400 so i couldn't get one

so i went with r3 2200 instead

i couldnt find the board i was asking about here, so went with gigabyte b450m ds3h, it is a pita to run overclocks on ram or cpu, in fact anything i do on cpu freezes it or tells me it couldnt do it, ram is doing fine at 3000mhz it seems, couldnt make it work at 3200, will try at 3100 or similar later

temperatures of cpu are a joke, 29 celsius at idle, on load with prime95 goes up to 68c under 4ghz overclock

this motherboard has lots of sensors, none goes over the cpu one, so vrms seems to do just fine at 50c under prime95 stress load

any tips to handle ryzen master? voltages? speed? atm i set cpu at 1.35v with the 4ghz overclock and all seems fine so far