Trying to reset an old laptop, it gives me a wierd message.

Hey

I'm trying to reset an old laptop (windows 10) b/c i'm giving it away.  When i go into settings > recovery > Reset this PC. I click Get Started and choose Remove Everything. All online guides pretty much say the next thing to do is just confirm, but I got this message :

Jn9NrANYaEJEBgVkbtyatDQfNK0jLxnvHPPq-0r-87h1H9vBb7vbWlp_TbvhOvJhYZcmAadkyrLiqtSY8MZ-DHoWLy9wKFGl9oIsOx0gSAJaAfG-PYVuiTZMRqHR05IoH4ZUHQJFPnXHQUONfysanq90vLACv_eun_SBwxeneBVulahHQg02SCoJJ1zpc2rSPBGiU_g1xHqJ3S2hV-d-FqHQvEymPASGkv_lSuZ4bcy0U8qUxbfrLRZaipVao1TsgSjEbinUadh93p-e0Z0PvJQFfyB3ItF5DRU5mXqxOjr2LzhqMuZHbeyrMFIpU_lhxmyleQZ9p12y6b0BYvt9cPCU5q8TipFYfC4N6C3vTYUGr5l_PtRIzKrcJo-yqgWh_xcxRtZ4fVmOL8cDBfZSVuypvLCSAGngjFvhBFJib52GgbcfO6zapfQazswYV1Sxiyf_trPCu4SEMRVKTcZ3V-jXXLuK4ycS_wp9Thn9BzmMlflN0tiMgWnojzlwfcwhoaafl1CZHawWld949H9HTc403AiHPg0nv5mnz1gaaii7dzNAMstammPsPdtkeyql4G6OqwunreZKupt9-AlYyVo_guIw50wQ7jx4SdVx_0WDZWThxOzd8-l7CrIWfkofqzwmu3j6NBDobX4W9Pi0OYSheFjq7PQ=w958-h539-no

And that's where i got stuck. and now over u guys at LTT forum

The laptop was originally in windows 8 and I installed windows 10 later with a product key. I think that this might have something to do with the message.

I have transferred/copied all the important stuff so it doesn't matter if I loose any data.

8 minutes ago, sid180201 said:

Hey

I'm trying to reset an old laptop (windows 10) b/c i'm giving it away.  When i go into settings > recovery > Reset this PC. I click Get Started and choose Remove Everything. All online guides pretty much say the next thing to do is just confirm, but I got this message :

Jn9NrANYaEJEBgVkbtyatDQfNK0jLxnvHPPq-0r-87h1H9vBb7vbWlp_TbvhOvJhYZcmAadkyrLiqtSY8MZ-DHoWLy9wKFGl9oIsOx0gSAJaAfG-PYVuiTZMRqHR05IoH4ZUHQJFPnXHQUONfysanq90vLACv_eun_SBwxeneBVulahHQg02SCoJJ1zpc2rSPBGiU_g1xHqJ3S2hV-d-FqHQvEymPASGkv_lSuZ4bcy0U8qUxbfrLRZaipVao1TsgSjEbinUadh93p-e0Z0PvJQFfyB3ItF5DRU5mXqxOjr2LzhqMuZHbeyrMFIpU_lhxmyleQZ9p12y6b0BYvt9cPCU5q8TipFYfC4N6C3vTYUGr5l_PtRIzKrcJo-yqgWh_xcxRtZ4fVmOL8cDBfZSVuypvLCSAGngjFvhBFJib52GgbcfO6zapfQazswYV1Sxiyf_trPCu4SEMRVKTcZ3V-jXXLuK4ycS_wp9Thn9BzmMlflN0tiMgWnojzlwfcwhoaafl1CZHawWld949H9HTc403AiHPg0nv5mnz1gaaii7dzNAMstammPsPdtkeyql4G6OqwunreZKupt9-AlYyVo_guIw50wQ7jx4SdVx_0WDZWThxOzd8-l7CrIWfkofqzwmu3j6NBDobX4W9Pi0OYSheFjq7PQ=w958-h539-no

And that's where i got stuck. and now over u guys at LTT forum

The laptop was originally in windows 8 and I installed windows 10 later with a product key. I think that this might have something to do with the message.

I have transferred/copied all the important stuff so it doesn't matter if I loose any data.

Create a windows 10 install USB and see if that will let you do it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-10-create-installation-media

Looks like it's trying to find a recovery partition that either no longer exists or is corrupt.  Have to agree with campy.  Safest option would probably be to install a fresh copy.

I'd make sure to recover the windows key before doing reinstalling as well.

10 hours ago, campy said:

Easier option is to just reinstall windows 10 entirely, it'll take about the same amount of time  

5 hours ago, JacobFW said:

Safest option would probably be to install a fresh copy.

How do I do this?

2 hours ago, sid180201 said:

How do I do this?

Well, if you don't know how to install Windows, then consider leave current installation if it works and if you can leave it.

If you really want to made new Windows install, you can find thousands of topics on this forum - every day someone ask the same question. Really easy to find.