What happened to 3DGAMEMAN Rodney Renolds?

StarsMars
1 hour ago, pizapower said:

He didn't like nudity in video games.

?

No one really knows. Common theory is that he just got burnt out or real life got in the way. His content really didn't evolve that much over the years so perhaps he felt he couldn't keep up with how the field was changing and decided it was time to move on.

If I had to guess, I'd say the competition got bigger and they started to evolve their videos beyond what Rodney was doing, so for whatever reason he couldn't or just didn't want to keep up with what they were doing. . 

Real life may have played a part, as could just being burnt out on tech/computer stuff. 

Was never a huge fan of his, but the odd video was worth watching to get an idea of a product. 

Desktop: Project 2019

Ryzen 5 2600|2x8gb Vegeance LPX|ASRock B40M Pro4

Sapphire NITRO+ RX 570 8 GB|be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600w

AData 240gb SSD

Laptop: Asus TUF Gaming F15

Core i5 - 11400H|16gb RAM|512GB M.2 SSD

Nvidia RTX 3050 4GB

Retro Tech stuff.

Atari 540 STE|IBM Thinkpad 760ED

3 hours ago, PCturbobutton said:

If I had to guess, I'd say the competition got bigger and they started to evolve their videos beyond what Rodney was doing, so for whatever reason he couldn't or just didn't want to keep up with what they were doing. . 

Real life may have played a part, as could just being burnt out on tech/computer stuff. 

Was never a huge fan of his, but the odd video was worth watching to get an idea of a product. 

Yea, it's just sad to have him vanish.

I remember seeing his videos before I knew anything about computers.

Really hope he's still out there.

14 minutes ago, StarsMars said:

Yea, it's just sad to have him vanish.

I remember seeing his videos before I knew anything about computers.

Really hope he's still out there.

He was doing it for years. I'm sure I watched him before Linus, Elric from tech of tomorrow and other newer YouTube guys. I remember seeing his video on an Antec 900 case before I purchased or just after which Is how I found him. 

If he had evolved a bit more in his video reviews and changed the way he did things he could have been a lot popular. 

Just a thought, but maybe he didn't quite realise how YouTube would take off, and the potential of the platform to embrace tech/PC guys like him, hence why he wasn't as big despite doing things for years. 

I'm sure he's OK, just moved on to other ventures in his life or continuing with tech/PCs/IT away from videos. 

Desktop: Project 2019

Ryzen 5 2600|2x8gb Vegeance LPX|ASRock B40M Pro4

Sapphire NITRO+ RX 570 8 GB|be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600w

AData 240gb SSD

Laptop: Asus TUF Gaming F15

Core i5 - 11400H|16gb RAM|512GB M.2 SSD

Nvidia RTX 3050 4GB

Retro Tech stuff.

Atari 540 STE|IBM Thinkpad 760ED

Unfortunately it doesn't have a removable motherboard tray. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

15 minutes ago, StarsMars said:

I did, alot, thanks for that ?

I may use this at work when someone calls me and ask why their monitor don't light up or something like it.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

I did, alot, thanks for that ?

I may use this at work when someone calls me and ask why their monitor don't light up or something like it.

Helpdesk?

If you do, please record it.

1 minute ago, StarsMars said:

Helpdesk?

If you do, please record it.

Ok I will ?

FS in Denmark/EU:

• 2 years later...
8 minutes ago, Pebbles Pearl said:

The Rodney Reynolds in this obituary lived in Michigan and it says he was employed as a truck driver. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16