Oculus Rift CV1 sensor stand broken

Dralexus

Hi,

So due to strange reasons, I managed to brake the following part of my sensor - http://prntscr.com/o8nzob. Essentially the part that the mounts/stands attach to and allows it to tilt forwards and backwards. Can I find a replacement of it ? The old piece got thrown away while cleaning the house and realised just today when trying to setup my VR again.

epoxy or find someone with a 3d printer and have them print you out a new piece ? 

2 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

epoxy or find someone with a 3d printer and have them print you out a new piece ? 

How do I even find the model for such a piece ? How is it even called ? Thats my issue here mainly, cant look for a piece that I dont have name of. 

3 minutes ago, Dralexus said:

How do I even find the model for such a piece ? How is it even called ? Thats my issue here mainly, cant look for a piece that I dont have name of. 

no clue but dont you have the piece ? most 3d printing folks know how to make a model. altho if you can take the sensor out all you would need is just a mount with tilt :P have a look on ocolus page maybe they sell spare parts 

2 hours ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

no clue but dont you have the piece ? most 3d printing folks know how to make a model. altho if you can take the sensor out all you would need is just a mount with tilt :P have a look on ocolus page maybe they sell spare parts 

Sadly, I it got thrown away by mistake and already checked Oculus' website. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 3:23 PM, Dralexus said:

Sadly, I it got thrown away by mistake and already checked Oculus' website. 

You may have to get creative and see what you can find at a hardware store. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking maybe a section of very small diameter pvc pipe (or something similar) may work if you epoxy it? You may need to spray paint it black so it matches the rest of the mount. I assume you're in the U.S? Check out the 'hardware' or plumbing sections if you have a Lowes or Home Depot around you. ?

image.png.26816b5d4cc4365b94f0df082fcb7f31.png