My pc registers 2 sets of keyboard and mouse and I can't use my keyboard and mouse.

IceKing_
  • Windows 10
  • 64 bit
  • Windows 10
  • OEM
  • About 1 year
  • About 1 year, have tried reinstallation
  • i5-8600k
  • Asus 1060 6 GB OC
  • Asus ROG STRIX Z-370-e
  • Corsair RM750x
  • ?
  • ?
  • Desktop.

My pc/ motherboard registers and an extra set of keyboard and mouse and that does that my keyboard and mouse does not work. It works in bios, but I can't find a way to reset the USB ports. I wanted to reset the hard drive, but I have some files on the pc that I don't want to be deleted. What do I do? Connecting a new set of k&m does not work and for some reason, I can't enter safe mode. And when I tried to delete everything on the pc, the delete got stopped multiple times for no reason.

Resetting the hard drive won't resolve your problem, it's gonna delete everything on the hard drive, but nothing more. Clearing the CMOS might help though. If you don't know what this does, clearing the CMOS resets the BIOS. Most motherboards have such an option. To do that, locate the "Clear CMOS" button or pin. It's located either on the I/O section, or at the bottom of the motherboard itself. I would recommend consulting with the manual to find that button/pin.

1 minute ago, F1PlayBG said:

Also, please do let me know if this worked.

ok

If you have front usb try connecting to that in order to use another chip. If that works remove the doubles from device manager.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

59 minutes ago, F1PlayBG said:

Resetting the hard drive won't resolve your problem, it's gonna delete everything on the hard drive, but nothing more. Clearing the CMOS might help though. If you don't know what this does, clearing the CMOS resets the BIOS. Most motherboards have such an option. To do that, locate the "Clear CMOS" button or pin. It's located either on the I/O section, or at the bottom of the motherboard itself. I would recommend consulting with the manual to find that button/pin.

It works on the bios, it says that there is only 1 keyboard when I have only 1 keyboard plugged in but when I'm going to log in the keyboard does not work.

Let me rephrase it so that I know that I understood you correctly: So you have 2 sets of keyboards and mice detected on your PC, when you physically have 1 set connected. You can use the set in the BIOS, but you are able to use only the mouse in Windows. Did I understand the issue?

3 minutes ago, F1PlayBG said:

Let me rephrase it so that I know that I understood you correctly: So you have 2 sets of keyboards and mice detected on your PC, when you physically have 1 set connected. You can use the set in the BIOS, but you are able to use only the mouse in Windows. Did I understand the issue?

Since I reset bios it says that there is only 1 keyboard when I have connected 1 keyboard, but when I come to the log in screen my keyboard does not work.

Ok, so we solved part of the problem. Do you have a spare keyboard? If so, try plugging it in the PC.

7 minutes ago, F1PlayBG said:

Ok, so we solved part of the problem. Do you have a spare keyboard? If so, try plugging it in the PC.

no

Ok, do you have another computer/laptop in your house? If so, plug the keyboard in and test it.

I have another laptop, how do i connect that to the pc?

No, I mean disconnect the keyboard from your desktop PC and plug it into your laptop.

4 minutes ago, F1PlayBG said:

No, I mean disconnect the keyboard from your desktop PC and plug it into your laptop.

it works

Ok, so now we know that the problem is in Windows. Reconnect the keyboard with your PC. Do you have a way to enter into your PC without the keyboard? Maybe an onscreen keyboard? (I don't remember if there is such a thing in Windows when it's locked)

2 minutes ago, F1PlayBG said:

Ok, so now we know that the problem is in Windows. Reconnect the keyboard with your PC. Do you have a way to enter into your PC without the keyboard? Maybe an onscreen keyboard? (I don't remember if there is such a thing in Windows when it's locked)

im trying to download windows on a usb stick to try to maybe do something

I don't think that will help. I am gonna look for a way for you to sign in without a keyboard or to connect your laptop to your PC as a keyboard so that you can sign in.

1 hour ago, F1PlayBG said:

I don't think that will help. I am gonna look for a way for you to sign in without a keyboard or to connect your laptop to your PC as a keyboard so that you can sign in.

When i put my mouse in it says in the bios that there is 2 keyboards and 2 mouse

41 minutes ago, IceKing_ said:

When i put my mouse in it says in the bios that there is 2 keyboards and 2 mouse

Oh, so maybe that's blocking the actual keyboard from functioning. Try disconnecting the mouse and test it the keyboard works.

7 minutes ago, F1PlayBG said:

Oh, so maybe that's blocking the actual keyboard from functioning. Try disconnecting the mouse and test it the keyboard works.

it still does not work

Ok, I will try and find a way for you to sign in without the keyboard, or by pluggng your laptop somehow, but a bit alter, as I am busy with something else currently. Is that ok?

5 hours ago, F1PlayBG said:

Ok, I will try and find a way for you to sign in without the keyboard, or by pluggng your laptop somehow, but a bit alter, as I am busy with something else currently. Is that ok?

Have you found anything?